Hot Rod Forum banner

do you think ghost graphics would be stupid?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Thom Laybourne 
#1 ·
either a skull or skull and crossbones, or an iron cross in dark metallic grey on a black car. And i'm saying like really really dark grey and airbrushed on, not stick on graphics, and it will be on the trunk lid centered above the key hole, like the pinstripes on yonder. Total size will be about 4" x 4"

hard to describe the color difference i want, but something like rgb 20,20,20 on rgb 0,0,0

such a subtle difference that it's only in certain light you can see it only if you are at the right angle.

This is for my 74 Torino Street Rod.

picture below if you can see it :cool:

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
As i was falling asleep tonight i thought of another something that might be cool

The Gran Torino lioness or whatever it was

there was 3 of them on the emblem if i remember correctly, with a crown above them

for sure what i'm going to do. It suits the car, and will still be that "oh that's sweet" effect! :thumbup:

#9 ·
327amc said:
cool. there you go.
what you might want to do is get some old photograghs (not polaroids)
use a xacto knife and cut out the image on the photogragh. basically making a stencil to use with your airbrush.
sweet idea, i would have never thought of that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.