Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - dodge challenger in need of rear end advice.
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 11:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

dodge challenger in need of rear end advice.

dodge challenger that i was told has a 4.10 rear end in it with a 8.75 rear axle.

what should i do with the rear end since the car has a bit of trouble getting up past 120 mph, and im going to be doing some fairly major work i believe under the car since its shaking pretty badly after 110 mph at around 5500-6000 rpm which personally i wont be driving it past 60 until i have that fixed since it makes my fear that the [color=yellow]stinking[/color] axle is going to rip right through the floor and rip me and anyone who may be in the car at the time into little pieces

The transmission is a 4 speed manual.

Im sure im not listing all the info you guys may need so please ask for more information and be specific

the engine is a 440 which to tell you the truth with the 4.10 rear end lights up the rear wheels a little to easily sometimes, i think it could go a bit higher in gearing, since i want to be cruising at 70mph at like 3k rpm right now its like 4000-4500 rpm at 70.

Just post what you would like to know to be able to help me out and ill reply asap,

thanks,
Kyle Gordon

Last edited by M&M CUSTOM; 05-29-2004 at 06:33 AM.