Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge Charger Transmissions

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AutoGear 
#1 ·
Got a 5.7L Hemi out of 2006 Charger, came with 5 speed Automatic Transmission.....don't know which model Charger, so don't know if
shifter has the manual feature. There is a cable attached to the
transmission, the engine I do know is a drive by wire.

#2 ·
36 Chevy Guy said:
Got a 5.7L Hemi out of 2006 Charger, came with 5 speed Automatic Transmission.....don't know which model Charger, so don't know if
shifter has the manual feature. There is a cable attached to the
transmission, the engine I do know is a drive by wire.
so what is it your looking for? odds are the trans is a 722.6 which is a mercedes trans, and the cable coming out, im guessing thats what your describing is located at the left rear of the trans, is the park interlock.

#3 ·
Thanks, got the engine, trans, computer and all the engine accessories, but was only told that it came out of a 06' Dodge charger. All research makes me believe your right. My concern is I putting it all in a 69' Dodge pickup, and does that xmission have just a straight shift and no autostick. If so I'll have to come up with a floor shift of some kind regardless of the xmission. Don't know of a column shift for a 5 Speed. Thanks again

#4 ·
36 Chevy Guy said:
Thanks, got the engine, trans, computer and all the engine accessories, but was only told that it came out of a 06' Dodge charger. All research makes me believe your right. My concern is I putting it all in a 69' Dodge pickup, and does that xmission have just a straight shift and no autostick. If so I'll have to come up with a floor shift of some kind regardless of the xmission. Don't know of a column shift for a 5 Speed. Thanks again
it was an option, the computer will have to be checked to see if the autostick is programmed into it. it still will have a manually operated shifter.
heres a thought, the trucks also have the option of a 5 speed trans (45RFE/5-45RFE) and they are column shift, and no autostick. while they are used for another type of trans, with some good fabrication, i dont see why it wouldnt work. the biggest problem your going to have is the park lock mechanism.

#8 ·
545 Trany

Sorry to say haven't got that far yet. Engine and Trans are being mounted to chassis as we speak. Lokar shifter for the Transmission was purchased and soon to be fitted. Will let ya'll know how it works out. For the future projects, stick with same kind of vehicle from start to finish.....Charger engine and pickup transmission have to make several mods....starter from right to left side, dip stick mount, and several other little nuisance things. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.