Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does anybody here still use single stage paint anymore???
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You want that mustang, then you better head to appleton. Its not mine either, It was a side job. Much more work then I planned for. A good reason when you have an older car to do, to not just blurt out a price. Anything larger then a small job that you know you can do in maybe a week, tell you won't estimate unless you can strip it first (if its something old and has a bit of rust bubbles), and then set up a payment schedule, break up the work, and when you complete so many tasks, you get payed such and such. Lessons learned for next time. But ohh well, I sort of took it cause of what it was anyways, and had a bit of time on my hands at that time. Good to learn a little about business and dealing with people before you get a tax number and set up a business that has to pay the bills on the shop and also for you. Insurance work would be nice, but hear a lot are a hassle to deal with also. But it would be a lot better money then working on an old car, if you get insurance companys that are fair with the times, and send you plenty of work. I have a lot of mitchell manuals that I bought off of ebay a few years ago, Most models up to I think 2003 or so. The parts prices may not be accurate, but majority of the times should be pretty much the same. Just don't forget to check the front to see whats not included in the labor times. Like clearcoat is not included in the paint time, you get something like .4 hrs times total refinish hrs to add on to clearcoat. and they also tell you how much time per refinishing time to add to buff. Unfortunately they will not tell you time for such amount of rust, or time to fix dents or straighten something, That you have to start keeping track of how much time stuff like that normally takes you so you have an idea what to charge when something similar comes up.