Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does anybody here still use single stage paint anymore???
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There's a lot to learn about the paint bussiness. I am going to look for one of those manuals, is there one that's better than the other? I had a guy send me some pics of an 87 Olds 442 (like the Cutlass), that he wants me to strip and paint but the pics he took are while it was setting in a barn and they were dark and didn't show much in detail. In one pic it showed rot through on the door right where the door seem meets the fender seem, I told him I won't even try to fix it and he should buy a different door, he agreed and I asked him what paint type he wanted to go with and explained BC/CC and Acryllic Enamel to him and he was interested in BC/CC so I told him he could expect to pay anywhere from $400-$700 just for paint and additives then so much per hour after that. I hope he calls me back, it's a cool looking car, I'd have fun with that one (tinted t-tops, tu-tone, mags/white letters) He don't want it back until April or May so it would make a great "IN-BETWEEN" project. Do you do interior too or just paint/body? My shop 35x17 (give or take and inch) is set up in one corner of a 60'x120' pole bldg. The pole bldg. has a concrete floor so I have a LOT of room to work. I also have a "shop" outside the actual shop but still inside the pole bldg. I paint in my shop now but I want to set up a paint booth in one of the other corners, and eventually get a hoist and maybe a pit. I have 3 x 14' doors, I can drive my pickup and car trailer in one door and out another Makes it nice, I can have 4 or 5 projects going at one time. Right now the projects I have going on are: Putting a 350 in a 28' boat, painting a truck, putting a tranny in a jeep, and building my hotrod at the same time. WHEW!!!!!