Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does anybody here still use single stage paint anymore???
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 08:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You have better conditions to work then I do. Only have an uninsulated one stall garage I work out of. Not the greatest conditions, I make it work till I can get the dang money tree to grow in the yard. I work full time now, so It doesn't leave a lot of time for any sidework. I won't really do much of anything till spring, plus it is too much work battling cold weather for me. Mitchell is the manuals that I have. Pretty much what most people use, I believe that motor makes them also. You can also get them on cd, but think they are pretty pricey. If you ever need the times on something that is crash work, or like replacing a part, shoot me an email and I'll find the page with the part numbers and times, until you can get some. I have most stuff from early 80's to around 2002 or 03. Mainly domestic in early years. Keep checking ebay. They show up on there, some body shops close down or replace them, or get the disk and updates, so they so up on there. Also might want to check with some shops or the tech school near you. I went back to the tech school the year after I finished the class and the teacher gave me a bunch of different ones. No I don't do interior work, other then maybe repairing some plastic or replacing a part. Just make sure you quote a fair amount on that job, If you find a bunch of rust holes hiding when you strip it, It takes time to replace all that metal and get things straight, paint and buff. If its fairly rusty, even putting in a fair amount of hours everyday, you just might be april when you get it done. Alot of things seem to take a bit longer then you originally thought. I wouldn't even try to give much of an estimate from a picture, you really can't tell much from them, got to see it in person and dig in to know the true story. Kinda getting off the topic of single stage here. Ohh well, not the first thread to go off course.