Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does anyone have experience in installing tranny coolers...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Those so-called cable ties are used to poke through the radiator core and hang it in front of it. The hose, clamps and so on are used to tie in the existing lines and either bypass that cooler in the radiator or hook it in series which is the "normal" way. I've installed several of these, and in series with the existing in-the-rad cooler. I've used the reinforced line with good results. I have NEVER used those attaching POS ties but have always made up some sort of bracket and hung the cooler from the radiator frame or something other reasonably solid in front of the radiator. Oh yeah - that hose - way too short. You need the correct reinforced stuff, not gas line.

Now, if you are starting out at the transmission, then I would make up fresh steel lines(1/4 or 5/16??), using the hose to make a loop under the radiator frame to the cooler.

Or. if you are well heeled financially, then take a look here; http://www.srbymichael.com/manufactu...shosekit.shtml

Or like mine:

Dave W