Hot Rod Forum banner

Does anyone have info on this 1932 highboy?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sinister78Z28 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yes it is a 33-34 and most certainly not a 32. As far as the color it's pretty hard to say what color it is especially from this one photo on a computer screen.

If you would like a color like that one good way is to go to new car dealerships and find a car you like the color, get the code off the VIN sticker and then go have a pint mixed up for you. Test it out on a junk fender or something to get a real good feel of the color. This is HIGHLY recommended no mater how you get the color.

Brian

#4 ·
Here's another shot of it and it doesn't look the same.

A quick google search finds the owner and builder. If the British had designed the '33 Ford roadster, it might've looked like Bob Rosenthal's highboy, built by California Street Rods from a concept by illustrator Steve Stanford. The Jaguar theme carries over to the blown Jag engine, wire-spoke wheels, and emerald green paint-even to the dash inserts and correct Smiths gauges.

Read more: 60Th Grand National Roadster Show 1933 Ford Roadster Photo 16

Call up California Street Rods and ask them what color the car is. :D

Brian

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I'll try to get into contact with CSR.

I looked all over the net last night but guess I didn't have the magic touch, or in this case keywords. :thumbup:

I am wanting to paint my car a dakr metallic green of some sort with 70-73 dark/medium silver racing stripes. I havent seen that particular combo on my year of car of many camaros period and think it would look green. Green is my favorite color anyway so it work sout in my favor.

I had already picked out a color by Sherwin Williams called Midnight green metallic but unfortunately it was a fleet color and not that great of quality paint. I was going to get it switched over to a PPG color but it would still be a low quality paint. All the greens PPG recommended that were of higher quality didn't even come close in appearance so I need to start my search over again and go back to the drawing board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.