Does anyone have plans for T bucket - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 10:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Does anyone have plans for T bucket

I have been looking everywhere and cant find good detailed plans for t bucket frames and bodies can anyone help. Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 AM

GO to tbucketeers . com lots of info

dave
Old 10-02-2010, 11:48 AM

thanks, ive been their a couple of times but I cant find plans on their I just find alot of people that say they have them and people with pics of their home built frames. I would try and buy some plans from them but im worried about scams.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

T bucket plans

Younster posted his plans a couple of years ago on tbucketeers... they changed the format a while back and hosting... I don' know if they are still there... go there and ask him how to down load his. About 15 years ago I bought the CCR plans that Ted Brown designesd. he's is still on tbucketeers. I used the CCR plans and had the optical tracer plasma cut out the parts for a jag rear end. and stuff did not line up. probably some distortion in the printing process, I've got 2 more piles of the Jag stuff and will use the CCR plans to draft my own and check the dimensions for hole locations, then laminaate them with clear shelf paper before using the optical plasma again.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:39 PM

thanks I actually just became friends with youngster on bucketeers and I asked him if he had the plans and he just hasnt gotten back to me yet. Do yall know anything about that book thats call how to build a t bucket roadster for under $3,000. I was just trying to find out if it had decent plans in it, I found it as an ebook for $9.99
Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,012 Times in 848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonBell
I have been looking everywhere and cant find good detailed plans for t bucket frames and bodies can anyone help. Thanks
Best advice, get the body first, measure it carefully, place all your components chocked up and blocked up in mid-air and build your own frame to fit from 1 1/2 x 3 or 2 x 3. My last T project had the wheelbase at 117" in order to put more length in the engine bay to accomodate a 460 Ford/C6/mechanical fan/Walker radiator/shroud/viscous drive. I constructed the frame myself. If I had tried to fit all that into a stock wheelbase, the car would have looked like crap with the radiator pushed way out past the front wheels. As it was, I thought the lines looked pretty good. In my opinion, when viewed from the side, an early car needs the radiator placed so that the centerline of the radiator slices right through the center of the spindle.

When a professional car maker begins a build, he will place everything in mid-air that is needed on the car, then construct the frame to hold all those components in place. We hot rodders seem to go at it bass-ackwards, building the frame and trying to make all the components adhere to it.

Here's a site with quite a lot of information for you....
http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.c.../techindex.asp
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

T build

$3 k when the book was written, as always cost depends depends on what you can do yourself and how good ? lucky you are at scrounging parts. I've read comments about the book that some of the recommemded parts are harder to find today than they were when the book was written. but sometimes one tip is well worth the price. What engine you want can really affect the price. If you can find a good donor car with a good drive train. take off what you need and sell the rest. Do want just to dress up a stock engine with a little chrome or are you going to build a ground shaking engine with 5 times as much power you need for a fun streetable car. You will find a lot of info on a lot of sites, NTBA, if you are going to build a Nailhead buick engine or a ford Fe there are sites that are dedicated to those items. I still have the original
Steel body 1916 bucket I found in 1951, and 2 glass T projects in the shop.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,012 Times in 848 Posts
I have the hard copy. The actual title is....
"How to Build a T-Bucket Roadster on a Budget"
authored by Chester Greenhalgh, printed by Motorbooks International under ISBN 0-87938-395-X.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Quote:
http://www.bobs-t-bucket-parts.com/

That guys builds some quality stuff. Ask him about his frames.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Last journal entry: new pictures of T-bucket
Last photo:

Quote:
thanks I actually just became friends with youngster on bucketeers and I asked him if he had the plans and he just hasnt gotten back to me yet. Do yall know anything about that book thats call how to build a t bucket roadster for under $3,000. I was just trying to find out if it had decent plans in it, I found it as an ebook for $9.99
I bought Chester's E book,even though I really dont plan on building a Bucket any time soon. The book has lots of great ideas,and makes good reading.A lot of the pieces that Chester made are pretty labor intensive. There are full size templates for lots of brackets and parts in the book.Yes there are plans for the frame in the book. I also downloaded Youngster's frame plans a while ago.very detailed and clear.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM

Last photo:

I just bought Chesters E-Book last week for $8 on sale, got the link in less than 5 minutes. Looks very interesting and makes for good reading while studying for school.. lol

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.