Hot Rod Forum banner

does a carb spacer make a difference?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  swvalcon 
#1 ·
i have one and i modded it to the size of my intake manifold. how much more flow would that create? i also found a gasket that matched the carb spacer, so its all lined up and ready to go, but does it really make a difference?

#5 ·
Carb spacers are not a one-size-fits-all type of part. Different motors and different motor combinations like different spacers or no spacer at all. It's pretty much a try-it-and-see operation based on quarter mile time slips and how you perceive the motor to be acting at different rpm levels.

#7 ·
I tryed a spacer on my drag car motor on the dino. and it lost power. I told the dino guy but when we put it on last year at the track we picked up et in the 1/4. He said it took some of the power out of the car and the et we were seeing was lost tire spin. So it a try it and see what works. we went out on a test day made three good runs back to back then put on the spacer and made three good runs with it on back to back and compared et,s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.