does kicker make the best sub - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

does kicker make the best sub

i like kicker

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Last journal entry: comming along
Last photo:

They are ok.. Depends on what size, and how you are going to use it. I have 2 10" Infinity 100.3 Kappa Seris DVC subs. When I used them I had them in a sealed box with .75 cubic feet of air. I was running a 450 Watt USAcoustics amp bridged. With the Dual Voice Coils it takes the 8 ohms and brings it down to 4ohms. My subs are rated at 270 Watts RMS, and 1100 Watts peak. Remember with any subwoofer. They are nondirectial. That means that the sound doesn't work the same as your regular speakers. Subs need to hit a solid surface so that the sound can bounce off. Cranking up an amp DOESN'T improve the sound. It just makes noise. A good working sub will work with the other speakers. There should be a good blend of sound with a sub on. You should be able to hear the highs, mids, lows, then the subs. Not just BOOM,BOOM,BOOM. That is a waste of a good sub. I made my own box. I custom built it in the floor where the spare tire should have been in a 93 Honda DelSol. I have a couple of pictures if you want to see them.. Al
Old 11-21-2006, 10:26 AM
I put up the tools against$300

Last photo:

I guess thats a matter of opinion but I firmly believe that your money is going to support a whole lot of marketing and advertising with companies like kicker, JL, and MTX. I would highly suggest that you check out a company called Image Dynamics, I have used their stuff for years and have had great service from the people at the company. You can pick up the phone and literally call the guy making your sub. Look at the IDQs and if you need massive bass look at the IDmax. I have a set of the chameleon 6.2 carbon fibers with silk dome tweeters and I dont think I have ever purchased a better set of components. Another one is Diamond audio. I don't like them as much but they do put out good stuff, and they're proud of it
Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 PM

Last photo:

Dasouthwon.. Do you know of a site to go to to see these speakers?? I am going to need speakers in my 37 Tudor. I have a Clarion head unit, and a 80 Watt USAcoustics amp for it. No subs this time. Unless i get a powered one. I am selling my subs, and sub box along with the 450 Watt amp for it. I had it for a Tuner I built for car shows. I sold the Tuner, and the lady that bought it didn't want the subs, and amps. I had already taken out the LCD screens, and a 12 Volt DVD player that I think I will use in the 37.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I put up the tools against$300

Last photo:

www.imagedynamicsusa.com , also check ebay. I'll turn loose of those chameleons if you really want them.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM

Last photo:

I just wanted to chec k them out first. I had Infinity Reference before, with Infinity 6 1/2" behind the seats, and two Infinity 100.3 Kappa Seris DVC 10" subs. I had them hooked up to the 450 Watt USAcoustics amp. I am trying to sell the amp, both ten inch subs, lightning bolt grills, and a custom built sealed box. Each speaker has a 25 LB magnet on them.. The whole box and subs weigh about 80 LBS. Al

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.