Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does This Really Work? Tire Balancing Beads
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:48 PM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

38 mike
"Anecdotal evidence ...." haha I love that. I generally get 70-80k miles on a set of 6 tires on the dually. They come with free rotation and balancing. Someone would be pretty hard pressed to convince me to throw another 30-40 bucks a tire on top of $900 bucks for a set of tires.

Speaking of funny, what would happen if you stuck a pile of them in the rear tires of the funnycar. The car usually gets around 3-4 g's for a couple hundred yards so I could just see all those little round spheres piled up at the back sides of the tires. Think you had tire shake before, the tires would probably be egg shaped with the big part at the rear shaking like a bowl of jelly. Well I usually have my TIG welder and a handfull of 4130 tubing with me so I guess I could rebuild the chassis between rounds. haha

I tried to do some dynamic analysis on them a few years ago but the problem has too many unknows for an easy solution. Viscosity?, mass, frequency. Just to name a few.