Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does This Really Work? Tire Balancing Beads
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Balance Beads

Well I for one am using them in three trucks. Two of my dual work trucks 225/70R19.5 and my personnel Excursion with 33x12.50x17 muds.

They work great....NO external weights.

And you NEVER have to re-balance....that is big for me. I hate having to take time and MONEY every 5-7 thousand miles to re-balance.

For all that claim they are nonsense - Do not make claims about a product unless you have tried it and it failed for YOU.

I would hazard to guess all the guys claiming they are a joke have NEVER tried them.

I did alot of research on the net and phone to make a choice. Did not want steel beads because of rust ( they all rust sooner or later), did not want glass beads (obviously because they break apart), did not want the static beads because because I talked to guys that did not like them, did not want the powder/ sandy stuff as I have seen it in a muddy consistency when it came out of tires. The moisture in the tires turns it to a paste and it quits working.

The ONLY one I wanted to try was the white ceramic type beads. They do not rust or break apart and moisture will not affect them. A couple of places sell them but the best price I found was on Ebay. Search "Tire Balance Beads" on Ebay. They are white and if I remember correctly they were under $2 an ounce with free shipping.

Anyway... MTCW