Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does your car get attention and do you like it?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,153 Posts
This is an interesting topic because I noticed very quickly when I first got my Gran Sport on the road that people look at me very different than in the Rambler. The Rambler puts smiles on peoples faces, the Gran Sport does but not quite the same smile, and it also puts scowls. People think a guy driving a bright red convertible has is nose in the air, at least that is the feeling I get from people, it is VERY different than the Rambler which is a commoners car, even if it isn't common these days, "normal" people drove them when they were new. The Gran Sport was always an extrovert, a hot shot, someone with bucks, and people still see it the same today, it's funny. I didn't make this up, it hit me out of no where the first few times I drove it after 13 years in the garage. And when I use to drive it the color was pale yellow so it is very different so it's all new to me after years not driving anything like this. It is gets a very different vibe from people than the Rambler.

Brian