Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does your car get attention and do you like it?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

For the most part I do enjoy it...it's the dumb comments I've gotten that in a way make me laugh and in a way they piss me off. Like the time about 6 years ago, I was at the gas station with my 69 AMX, just getting gas and a couple of younger guys , I'm thinking 16, 17 years old and you could just see who the leader of the pack was, the guy that according to his group was the car guru, I over heard him say "Oh that's the proto type for the new Challenger that's coming out. That made me laugh. The ones I don't care for are the comments such as "Oh I used to have one just like that, same color and everything, except mine was a 4 door". I answer back, "You must have had one of the rare ones".

I enjoy answering questions for the people that don't know what it is but are seriously interested and I also enjoy taking the time to talk to the people that do know what their talking about and realize the subtle differences between years, engine options and things like that.

Can you imagine if somebody thinks a 70 1/2 Camaro is a Dukes of hazard Charger what they come up for suggestions as to what a 69 AMX is? Hell, AMC borrowed so many things from the other big three they didn't even know what it was...LOL

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
70 1/2 Camaro (03-19-2013)