Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does your car get attention and do you like it?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Mine as a 69 Copper with Tan interior Roof spoiler 390 ,,4 speed drag pac No air or pb,, p/s only it was in 1971 when i sold it Gas Shortage of all the cars in the world i traded it for a new Pinto and gave 600 dollars difference,Im already bent over Go ahead and Kick,
Love that copper color they had...just trying to remember, wasn't it bittersweet Orange...something like that. The drag package, they called that the group 19 option if I'm right...I've got that on my 69 as well. Mine is that pale Pompeii Yellow. Not the color I would have chosen if I would have been the one ordering the car but, when you find one you like, color is the least of any worries.

Mine doesn't have air either but it is the 390, 4 speed and when I bought it, it had just under 40,000 original miles. Today, after owning it for almost 22 years, it has just under 40,000 miles. I was talking about the car in a thread earlier this week and I mentioned that I loved driving the car, but I also mentioned it's only original once. It has a black interior and even the carpeted area in the back is still black...it hasn't faded at all in 44 years. The only noticeable flaw would be a dent about the size of a quarter by the rear bumper on the drivers side, other than that you could almost put it back on the showroom floor.

This is my favorite car...I've had other cars that I deserve the same kick that you feel you do but back then cars like this where fairly common and we just didn't know that some 40 plus years later we would regret all the insane deals we made and the things we did to these classics. Don't ask me what I did to a 69 Firebird that I bought because I liked the hood and the rest of the car I just didn't need.

One question I have for you though...that roof spoiler, wasn't that a dealer installed option for 1970? I know that in those days if you had a late end of the year production number, sometimes the following years options ended up on the previous model year. The reason I ask is because I thought it was a Mark Donahue option in 1970. I could be wrong but AMC did a lot of strange things in the late 60's and early 70's, God bless them

Ray