Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Does your car get attention and do you like it?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Yes - any of my "special" cars get attention. Sometimes a LOT of it. And NO, I do not like it. I drive them because I like them, not because of what they look like (I don't give a rat's bleep about appearance).

Sometimes the comments are along the lines of "why don't you fix that fender?" or "why don't you do the upholstery"? or "what happened to the bumper?", or whatever.

Answer - I have driven the '57 for 26 years now with el-cheapo seat covers hiding the rips and mismatched chunks of rubber mats on the floor, scratches in the paint,dings in the tin, etc. So what?
The '37 Dodge is "as was" and has its original upholstery - which mice have lived in.

The '28 A has wrinkled fenders and rust showing through the primer. (and I grenaded the LT-1 in it a few years ago, and maybe I will get around to doing something with it again soon. Although I think it will likely be a 1UZ-FE this time.

The '56 F100 will still have wrinkly fenders and no paint when it is done. I'm half-way through doing the 1970 Caddy 500 for it and I have a pair of mis-matched Jeep Grand Cherokee power seats for it

Bondo is falling outta front fenders on the '65 P1800

People see me driving 'em and assume that I am too poor to afford a newer/better car. Perfect by me!

If I cared about appearance I might do something about it, but I do not welcome attention, and I do not care what others think

(Hell, even my wife's 4-year old Lexus LS and my '06 Silverado 3500 have never even been washed since we got 'em)

Last edited by Dave57210; 03-19-2013 at 05:20 PM.