Does your car get attention and do you like it? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yep, I know someone like that, unfortunately I have to deal with her all the time, my sister-in-law. EVERYDAY there are people trying to stop her from fulfilling her dreams. If it wasn't for all the OTHER things beyond her control her life would be perfect. And what's sad is she is right, her life would be perfect if she didn't BLAME all those things beyond her control.

I have been so pleased to see that her son (single mom, natch) isn't following that path. He is a great kid and posted the other day on Facebook this link. Too bad those people with the problem of my sister-in-law didn't see how screwed up THEY are and study it daily. I know I don't have the problem but I still study this sort of thing daily, maybe that's the reason I don't have the problem? Hmmmmmmmmm
22 Things Happy People Do Differently | Successify!

And thus why I like seeing people with smiles on their faces when they look at my Rambler.

Brian
Quote from church Sunday. " Contentment is what makes a poor man rich or a rich man poor." There is a lot of truth in that.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Quote from church Sunday. " Contentment is what makes a poor man rich or a rich man poor." There is a lot of truth in that.
How true, I want NOTHING, period, I want nothing. I would like to do a few things and of course I want my truck done, but that is my choice if it is done or not, it would be on the road right now if hadn't chosen to do other projects.

My little home and what I have in it (and it is modest to say the least) is plenty for me, each day is a dream.

Brian
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Bob, it's a matter of respect...in many cases these people don't respect their own property let alone anyone else's. There life is either I hate everything and everybody or I don't care about anything or anybody. Either way, there a menace. I don't blame your buddy for loosing it, I don't think I would have gone that far myself but, as you said, you hadn't seen him loose it like that before or after...The idiot that parked to close to him and damaged his Caddi hit the right (or wrong) button at the right (or wrong) time and created a perfect storm. I bet he's usually a quiet guy too...those are the most dangerous when they get pissed.

Ray
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
The other day I had a scary second or two. I was filling the tank in the Gran Sport. I was on the inside of the outer pumps at this station. And a guy filled up his little primered Rice car on the other side of the inside pumps to the right of me. He pulls straight ahead out of the pumps turns left making a U turn and went right by me. His tires were squealing as he was moving pretty fast. As it swung around it missed the right front fender of the Gran Sport by inches. MAN after my heart skipped a beat, *******.

Brian
Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
The other day I had a scary second or two. I was filling the tank in the Gran Sport. I was on the inside of the outer pumps at this station. And a guy filled up his little primered Rice car on the other side of the inside pumps to the right of me. He pulls straight ahead out of the pumps turns left making a U turn and went right by me. His tires were squealing as he was moving pretty fast. As it swung around it missed the right front fender of the Gran Sport by inches. MAN after my heart skipped a beat, *******.

Brian
I don't know...is it just me? Has this stuff been going on since the start of time? Have there always been this many careless, people with me, me, me attitudes thinking that the world owes them a favor? Or is this something that is fairly new, I'm talking in the last 20 years or so. I imagine that there have always been these kind of people around but, "come on man", (not trying to cross link to another thread) they same to be hanging out at more street corners, under more rocks and more of them are getting telephones and drivers license's. I filled up the tank today and walked in to pay for the gas. They have two cashiers and one guy wasn't busy so I went to his till. Before I got my wallet out another guy jumps in front of me and says "I was here first and it's first come first served" and went on and on...I looked at him with a WTF look on my face and moved aside...I thought if this guy is in this big a hurry, let him in. The gas station attendant wouldn't have any part of it and insisted that I go first....The guy kept on swearing and swearing. I was taught at a very young age to pick my battles, this was one case that no matter what I said...nobody wins, the guy is still an idiot.

But...are there more of these "me first" People out there now than before or am I just running into more of them?

Ray
Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I don't know...is it just me? Has this stuff been going on since the start of time? Have there always been this many careless, people with me, me, me attitudes thinking that the world owes them a favor? Or is this something that is fairly new, I'm talking in the last 20 years or so. I imagine that there have always been these kind of people around but, "come on man", (not trying to cross link to another thread) they same to be hanging out at more street corners, under more rocks and more of them are getting telephones and drivers license's. I filled up the tank today and walked in to pay for the gas. They have two cashiers and one guy wasn't busy so I went to his till. Before I got my wallet out another guy jumps in front of me and says "I was here first and it's first come first served" and went on and on...I looked at him with a WTF look on my face and moved aside...I thought if this guy is in this big a hurry, let him in. The gas station attendant wouldn't have any part of it and insisted that I go first....The guy kept on swearing and swearing. I was taught at a very young age to pick my battles, this was one case that no matter what I said...nobody wins, the guy is still an idiot.

But...are there more of these "me first" People out there now than before or am I just running into more of them?

Ray
I can relate to that very well .almost same situation ,i was in line 2nd person back .in other line a man was waiting his teller was trying to get lotto tickets or something .the person in front of me finished and left ,so the man stepped out of other line in front of me and said ,i was next ,I steped back in front of and said ,YOU STILL ARE.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM

Last photo:

There do seem to me more of these jerks around. I pulled up to the pump a few days ago and as I stopped a guy pulled up behind me, honked, and motioned for me to pull through. I didn't get it at first so I got out and started to pick up the nozzle to pump my gas - the guy honked again. I asked him what he wanted. He told me I should pull over to another pump, that he wanted to use that pump. They are all the same at this station, and several of them were available. I told him he could use one of the other pumps or he could wait until was done using that one. He honked at me again, then backed up squealing his tires, then pulled completely out of the station. I don't know what that was all about.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

My '51 Chevy is no looker. Paint is good from 200' away and it ended up almost pink instead of deep purple in color. Not worried because the bodywork is failing and I'm going to drive it a while before I pull it back apart and redo all the bad bodywork that was done when I first got it ( 2004 IIRC ).. It always gets honks, waves and thumbs up. Many people from my generation don't get why I drive a bone stock 1951 automobile, and I always reply simply because I can.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

I don't get it either, and I'm glad to hear that it isn't just me that feels that there are more idiots out there. It seems as though common sense has gone right out the window and as I mentioned it's as though we all owe these people something that gives them the right to be first, get there first, be served first, can park anyway they want, drive anyway they want and act anyway they want. When I was learning how to drive, using signal lights was something that was impressed on me very strongly. It was explained that it was common courtesy number 1 and that if you let another driver know what your intentions are, they can act accordingly and God willing avoid an accident. I swear, one would think that signal lights where an option on some cars. Honestly, I would say that 6 out of 10 drivers aren't using them in my area and I'm not exaggerating. It's as though these people have a God given right not to use them and they're exempt...I wonder how I can get a don't need to use signal lights sticker for license plates.

Ray
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
There do seem to me more of these jerks around. I pulled up to the pump a few days ago and as I stopped a guy pulled up behind me, honked, and motioned for me to pull through. I didn't get it at first so I got out and started to pick up the nozzle to pump my gas - the guy honked again. I asked him what he wanted. He told me I should pull over to another pump, that he wanted to use that pump. They are all the same at this station, and several of them were available. I told him he could use one of the other pumps or he could wait until was done using that one. He honked at me again, then backed up squealing his tires, then pulled completely out of the station. I don't know what that was all about.
Wow i had a very similar thing happen the other day. I was the only car at the gas station with at lest 16 pumps at it. I put some gas in on the card but there was less money on it than i thought so i put the nozzle back and got some cash to go inside and this guy pull up right behind me and is waiting for me to leave. Then when he saw i wasn't leaving he got all huffy puffy like i did something wrong and went to a pump on the other side of the station. I'm just thinking "there's 15 open pumps and he has to have mine?" I just don't get these people.
Also the other day i saw a guy in a viper and pulled up next to him and simply said "hey, nice viper" and he just looked at me and looked away. Ok then...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM

Last photo:

Like it or not people get judged by the way they look, dress, act, car they drive all of it. I do it and I would suspect most others do it too. I'm Not saying this is the case all the time but maybe it is. It's not always right but it is how the world is. I often am in a hurry, and when I see somebody lolli-gagging along like they have nowhere to be and all the time in the world to get there, GD right I'll take the initiative to bypass them.

If you go into a Walmart and see some fat white trashy woman in skimpy clothing chain smoking and screaming at her poor kids, do you think I would give her the benefit of the doubt or respect her? Hell no!
I don't need to "get to know" that person to give them a fair shake. I know more than enough from what I can see.

For instance if I see a guy that drives a PT Cruiser, that shows questionable judgement in my eyes and I don't let him merge. LOL!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatPin View Post
Like it or not people get judged by the way they look, dress, act, car they drive all of it. I do it and I would suspect most others do it.

For instance if I see a guy that drives a PT Cruiser, that shows questionable judgement in my eyes and I don't let him merge. LOL!
Just for the record one of my best friends drives a PT Cruiser and if anyone deserves a little common courtesy it is him. Great guy.

John L
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Not sure how this jives with the thread title but it would seem that cars and there owners make other owners angry.

Rush and rush, folks get so focused behind the wheel the rage comes alive,

Its like hockey, strap on the skates get above 15 mph and all heck breaks loose.

I park far away from the hazard and walk.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

well parked away the hazard came to us.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
does your car get attention when you drive it?
Always. The same as when you forget to zip up.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.