Does your car get attention and do you like it? - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Has any one used the aluminum steps app.1 ft square that are made to go on running boards ,mine are smoothed cleared ,cut and buffed ,i dont want feet on them.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Catching someone doing that would send me to Prison without a trial
No, I that would fall under the Justifiable Homicide by Reason Of Insanity, which means the law would allow you to do the culprit in because the guy that scratched the car must be crazy.

Ray
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

My son Kelly said he would find out who did this ,I told him No ,i didnt want to go to jail,it would only escalate ,We let it die ,all is ok ,as well as it could be.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 PM

Last photo:

Back in 1996, I bought a new Chevy 4x4 pickup. Two weeks later we drove it to Kenora, Ontario for a fly-in fishing trip. All week long the guys teased me that someone was going to key my new truck. When we got back, someone had - scratched "F**k You" right down to the metal on the passenger door. Yeah, I would have hurt them bad.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Back awhile ago there was a news story about a guy with a Hummer who found it scratched on a number of times. So he put some cameras on it mounted in the mirrors. Sure enough it's sitting in a parking lot and an old man in a Toyota pulls up behind it and gets out and scratches the crap out of it, gets back into his Toyota and drives off! What a friggin mental case!

Brian
There's actually a group of people, well i guess you can call them a gang, and they destroy hummers. Bunch of insane tree-hugging prius-driving freaks who think everyone with a hummer is out to destroy the world. So when they see one they'll key it, break the mirrors, etc..
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
There's actually a group of people, well i guess you can call them a gang, and they destroy hummers. Bunch of insane tree-hugging prius-driving freaks who think everyone with a hummer is out to destroy the world. So when they see one they'll key it, break the mirrors, etc..

You know what is so ignorant about the whole idea, they have no idea how much the guy drives the Hummer! The selfish pieces of crap are possible driving their gas sipping Toyotas further every year using more fuel and polluting the air MORE than the Hummer they are vandalizing, they have no idea. Around here there are LOTS of people who drive 50, 70, 90 or more miles to work EACH way in their gas sipping cars while I can drive to work every day in my 15 miles per gallon Gran Sport using WAY less fuel than they do! But I am evil for driving it huh?

Brian
Old 03-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:

Great Thread & Topic and one I know very well being someone who goes through performance vehicles like the seasons change here in NY

It's very strange how peoples perception change with certain vehicles and I find the older ones bring smiles to most. I drove around for years and years with a 9 Second Daily Driver (Ford Lightning) and didn't get a single look from people on the road or at a car show. But last year when I was cruising the street with a 72 ProStreet Nova (Yenko Trubute) I dont think there was a single person that didn't acknowledge the vehicle with a smile or wave as I passed them.

So to answer the question I happen to like the attention it brings and people appreciating it. Being a life time car guy I enjoy chewing the fat with strangers about my vehicles at car shows or a red light. Of course the other side of that is you cant do anything without being noticed (and in my case heard) and that is a major problem with my current vehicle. But I still dig the 24/7 attention, smiles, & thumbs up.

I guess it is kind of showy

Old 03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

If I was at a Car Show and your Truck was there....I'd talk to you about your Lightning, love the engine bay.

Ray
Old 03-28-2013, 05:47 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
My trans am only gets noticed when my girlfriend drives it it seems.
What a beauty you got there friend I`m a bit jealous now
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Ford View Post
I get a lot of looks everywhere I go. I guess it's nice to get some complements, and most mean well. It's just the heartless trash that will never understand what it means to pour your heart and soul into anything that I worry about.

I took my car to Home Depot one morning because it was early, and I knew there wouldn't be but a few people around. I parked way out away from anything, and I was only inside for 5 minutes. I come out, and there is an old beat up minivan parked right next to me. After a long, tense walk out to my car, I find nothing wrong. Never again.

I also took it to a very low level car show one time, mainly as a reveal to a lot of friends a family. It was obvious that most of these people had no clue about car show behavior. Adults and kids alike were standing on my running boards, putting their hands all over it, and even trying to open the door. Thank goodness for shaved handles. I kept telling my dad, "What makes these people think it's okay for them to do this?" I went out to the parking lot and tried to do any of that to their VW wagon, they would be like, "What the?!" That was a stressful, long day. Never again.

It's sad when you are afraid to let your car out of your site for fear that some jealous scumbag will do something to it.
It is shame that some people don`t know how to behave in cruise nights or car shows.
My friend has a all original -67 Camaro and he was in the cruise night gathering and saw one drunken bastard hanging around his car and fall down and hit the fender of the Camaro with his elbow and dented itThat drunk was russian so my friend did not get anything from him
He does not come to that parking lot with the Camaro anymore

One other time some drunken russian *******s were sitting in the back seat of a Caddy and you guessed right it was not their Caddy, the owner sees them sitting in his car drinking beer and went to the car and threw them out.

One older gentleman were in some old car happening and saw a little kid with a grandfather standing in the running boards of his -27-28 Chrysler, kid eating icecream and when asking his grandpa where to put the icecream wrappwes grandpa told him to throw them inside the chrysler
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

I remember one time my younger brother got drunk and threw up in my Firebird...pretty sure he wasn't Russian.

As far as the Grandpa telling the kids to throw their ice cream wrapper in the old Chrysler...well now you know where the stupidity starts...stupidity breeds stupidity, hopefully Grandpa's off Spring that created those children has a strong partner to break the cycle.

Ray
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 AM

Last photo:

I hate to think how many times people have asked if they can take a photo of my Range Rover. It's a little different.

Or my old 911 Porsche.

And my newest addition isn't even registered yet but still plenty of people have stopped me when I have it on the trailer for a photo.

No one has ever spat at them or given me a hard time.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffen View Post
I hate to think how many times people have asked if they can take a photo of my Range Rover. It's a little different.

Or my old 911 Porsche.

And my newest addition isn't even registered yet but still plenty of people have stopped me when I have it on the trailer for a photo.

The vehicles look great ,the yellow ford looks like a Anerican Dodde The Fords here look much different,I guess Downunder every thing is a little different from here,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0006p86dmfjfu0vk.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	73216   Click image for larger version

Name:	038_4.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	73217  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM

Last journal entry: 27
Last photo:

i dont know if this is reverse snobbery or not.
but from the sounds of it i am glad i dont own a beautiful,hyper expensive show car.
no taking it to the corner store for smokes. let alone actually smoking in it.
never leave it unattended.
constant worry if it might rain etc.
while i like looking at them.
even if i could afford it.
owning one doesnt sound like much fun.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffen View Post

Or my old 911 Porsche.

Those are some awesome builds you have there.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.