Does your car have its own personality? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Does your car have its own personality?

Whos car has a personality of their own?
For example,My truck gets jealous of other girls,runs good only when she wants,and does things only when she wants to,etc...
What about you guys?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

My car LOVES to lurch from a redlight.It also likes to light em up .It hates wet roads and lets me know by spinning wildly from every stop light or sign.It really tries double hard whenever I see a cop sitting somewhere nearby.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Yeah mine truck has a personality, Like when I would take this girl I was dating this girl last year. It would run perfect whenever I was alone or with my friends. But it got jealous when I would take this girl out. Like we were at the movies, and got in the truck to take her home and it flooded. another time the starter started grinding.
Another thing is, if I stomp on it sometimes it will push you back in the seat. and other times its real sluggish for some reason like it doesn't feel like hauling ***. But it always seems to really haul *** when a Rice burner pulls up next to me.

Brad
Old 07-03-2005, 12:55 AM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Mine said it wouldnt run unless I bought it a blower, so I have to spend 2+ grand to satisfy it. Hg

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 07-03-2005, 01:13 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

no personality, mine's just possessed.

There's something unsettling about my Accord. I've put 30,000 miles on that car and more than a couple times I've gotten in the drivers seat, shut my door, started it up, I drive a little bit and then I have chill run up my spine and the hair on my arms stands up.

You know that feeling you get when someone's sneaking up or watching you and you don't see them but you sense them, multiply that by 10, thats how I feel. It only happens at night. So I'll turn the dome light on and look in the back seat since thats the only place someone else could be, and it's empty naturally, but the feeling stays with me. I had it stay for my a whole ride home one time, when I got home I parked it, jumped out and slammed my door shut and just stared at the car for a few seconds thinking "man, what the *" I've even had it happen to me with other people in the car.

I never said anything about it to any of my friends because it does sound kind of ridiculous. However my friend Mike said something to me about how a few times he's gotten a really weird feeling when he was in the car. I said "do you feel like some one else is in the car" he said "yea that's it."

I can't figure this one out. We're not exactly a bunch of pansys, one of our hobbies is finding old abandoned homes or factories and getting into them at 2AM to explore. I've been in old houses that could be used in scenes for horror films and not been as scared as I've been sitting in my own car.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 AM
'68 Chevelle Malibu Sedan

Last photo:

You got the seat vibrator on again?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Jet
one of our hobbies is finding old abandoned homes or factories and getting into them at 2AM to explore. I've been in old houses that could be used in scenes for horror films and not been as scared as I've been sitting in my own car.
You don't want to mess with the dark spirits...they will attach themselves to you. and make your life very "difficult".
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimer
You don't want to mess with the dark spirits...they will attach themselves to you. and make your life very "difficult".
Later,
WEIMER
You shouldn't talk about your wife like that weimer.

Brad
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimer
Later,
WEIMER
I ain't affraid of no ghost

Actually Weimer you may have a point there. One time I accidentally opened the ghost trap in my Honda and let a ghost out. I already had put my proton pack put away so the ghost escaped. He must have went in my gas tank.

One of the places we got into was a crime scene about 4 years ago, when someone committed suicide there, I guess that has ghost potential.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

a few of my older less maintained rides tended to be a bit cranky but nothing of note recently.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

My vehicles have no personality.....................a lot like me.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Is it Beer:30 yet?

Last photo:

I think we had a post like this in the past but ill explain again I had a 73 Satelite I would drive 90 miles a day to and from Long Island to Manhattan the car ran great all day every day. Once I met my now wife and would drive out to see her the car ran like crap heres a list of what would happen:

Me during the week: car would drive great!

going to see her:
Car would over heat
stall
wires (electrical) broke
oil plug fell out?
numerous flat tires
I called her dad several times for a tow to there house

with her in the car
passenger door would open going around corners
brakes failed (line blew)
Kick down lever came off locking the throttle back
electrical fire under her seat

If she wanted to drive
most of the time it wouldent start
the drivers door would open around corners
the drivers window shattered one day (glass all over her)

most of the problems were minor and got it fixed in a few hours then go home The car would run great all week during the weekend goin to see her weird stuff would happen again

I had the hood open one day after we were married giving her the basics of how engines work its all mechanical etc etc and its not her thats causing the car to fail...when all of a sudden the springs on the hood broke....not just one but both of them 97 stitches in her head and a fractured skull..I sold the car that day..
still to this day I believe that car did not like her
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Wow,my wife would have ran like Forrest Gump from a car like that.ANy of my cars that do not like my wife,only do it because she does not like them first.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Hammer and a torch

Last photo:

For some strange reason I thought I was one of the only ones that noticed that all cars & trucks have a personnality...? I just dont have the problems with auto`s like most have (leaving you on the side of the road) they always seem to keep going for me even with their little quirks or issues...? Also whats real funny is I work as a mechanic and very very seldom does a car act up when people bring them to me...? Unless its a right before your eye`s kinda thing like a leak or broken part... If its something that makes noise or it wont run right they just dont act up with me...? (they seem to like me and act right when I`m around...? Really surprises people too...)

My own 2 personal trucks my 69 C10 and 99 Silverado respond to my touch like a lady in need...? I treat them right and dont abuse them so they very seldom have a problem...? Heck even when they do they just dont let me know but keep going instead...? Had 2 broke valve springs on the C10`s 427 BBC and you would have never known it...? The 99 Silverado just turned 149,000 miles and still runs and drives as good or better than a new one...? Cold as ice A/C gets 20mpg on the highway and the 5.3 V8 runs smooth and strong... I tend to pamper it with Royal Purple and check things every so often but have no fear to jump in and drive to Alaska... You just seem to feel and know what a good one is and the others are just plain pigs...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:

As most of you have read,my truck done pissed me off at it for a while.So heres a list of what it does with girls in it. (Note:Only when "things" happen does it act up)

My 1st ex:
Except July 4th night,Nothing. The thermostat problem I guess was coming for a while just didn't know what to lok for.

My 2nd ex:
Passenger mirror fell off
Starter Imploded 20 miles from hom

My 3rd ex: (nothing really happened between us)
Ran rough coming home (cuz took a picture together)

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.