Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dominator review thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
Can you elaborate on the "Joke" part we already know about the noise.
Several of us were standing there while he was trying to fix an EASY crease out of a hood. I do mean easy 15- 30 mins for a good dent guy. Jeff Mcgill (Beach Cities PDR, who is the dent guy Chip Foose uses) ask why all of the braces are cut out of the hood. He responds that you can only get to 20% of the vehicle with this tool. I then asked why you have to destroy a hood to TRY to fix an easy dent? No answer. He had left the crease high and multilated then proceeded to pull out 1500 sand paper and sand it. That wouldn't have been so bad except he didn't polish it so you could see the final product, which was multilated.Now i realize it was a demostration and he was trying to be quick without everyone walking away, I've done many demos at car shows, you have to have the finished dent perfect. Several exhibitors we talked to commented on how anyone could bring "snake oil" expos and people would be gullable enough to buy it. The product MAy work in 20% of the areas of the car in the hands of a skilled craftsman. That same craftsman could get to 95% of the same car using paintless dent repair. It is true PDR takes years to learn, but for 20% of the vehicles surface i'd say it's snake oil, and alot of other people agreed.