Dominator review thread - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,078 Times in 961 Posts
I have to tell you, this technology has it's place. If it is not PDR, I don't care so much because I am not in that business anyway.

I have lost interest for the most part. It is a NOISY MUTHA that is for sure. It has been hard to pull the thing out in the shop, people want to choke me.

But it has some uses. Just the other day I had a 2007 Toyota Corolla with a dent in the roof. I dropped the rear of the head liner and was able to reach my hand with a die grinder and one of these Dominator wheels on it. I massaged the dent out needing only a VERY thin skim coat of polyester putty. I couldn't have done this anyother way other than dropping the head liner out completely. It worked like a charm in this particular application.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
Can you elaborate on the "Joke" part we already know about the noise.
Several of us were standing there while he was trying to fix an EASY crease out of a hood. I do mean easy 15- 30 mins for a good dent guy. Jeff Mcgill (Beach Cities PDR, who is the dent guy Chip Foose uses) ask why all of the braces are cut out of the hood. He responds that you can only get to 20% of the vehicle with this tool. I then asked why you have to destroy a hood to TRY to fix an easy dent? No answer. He had left the crease high and multilated then proceeded to pull out 1500 sand paper and sand it. That wouldn't have been so bad except he didn't polish it so you could see the final product, which was multilated.Now i realize it was a demostration and he was trying to be quick without everyone walking away, I've done many demos at car shows, you have to have the finished dent perfect. Several exhibitors we talked to commented on how anyone could bring "snake oil" expos and people would be gullable enough to buy it. The product MAy work in 20% of the areas of the car in the hands of a skilled craftsman. That same craftsman could get to 95% of the same car using paintless dent repair. It is true PDR takes years to learn, but for 20% of the vehicles surface i'd say it's snake oil, and alot of other people agreed.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 AM

The Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdent1
It was a Joke at NACE with them almost being kicked out of the show from the noise this thing caused.
THEY MAY HAVE THREATENED US BUT THEY NEVER KICKED US OUT.....WE HAD A BLAST AND ACTUALLY SOLD ALL WE BROUGHT WITH US............

MICHAEL
Old 09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Paintshop Dog

Last photo:

This seems alot like advertising to me!!!!

And The private message I received did as well!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I can do almost anyding!

Dominator tool

I remember seeing this tool set somewhere a few years ago. No one knew where to get it. I wrote it off. It worked well but very pricey I'm told.
I've been in the PDR business a long time and only come across it the one time. Can this item be bought by the piece or a set only?
johnnydent@aol.com
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Last photo:

Auto body tool mart has them now.

www.autobodytoolmart.com
Old 02-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Last photo:

Funny this should come up. I was just going thru my tool box and came up with the ends he sent me. I want to give it another try but can't find the time.

Brian
Old 02-02-2008, 08:53 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

The Dominator2 Is Back In Town!

HELLO GUYS! Yes.... It's me Darryl Domino the dominator! It's been along time since I checked the site 6 months or so... Anyway. I can't believe the joker who wrote the 'snake oil' bit. I tell you what... I'll meet you anywhere, anytime, and lets put our money where our mouths at!! I'll bet you $500.. $1,000. make it light on your self. You couldn't carry my dent repair ************!! I've been a PDR tec for 17 years.. I opened the first... and stayed the largest PDR shop in the city of New Orleans, till Katrina. I didn't chase 'hail cars',(but have done my share), and worked 'dealers' for only 1 year, and knew that I didn't want to do that either! I opened my shop after that first year. I have spent the last 16 years of my career doing exclusively large damage on 'RETAIL' customers! Expanding this great process with every once of my being... When I hear these rookie @#! dent guys run their mouths about how the*********doesn't work, it just 'blows me away'! You can show these guy this incredible tool, and they will NEVER get it. Please do me a favor.....*****************!! I want to know that, for the rest of your career, you'll be PICKIN DENTS WITH A POINTY TOOL ON EVERY DENT YOU'LL EVER WORK!!! And, at the end of a HAIL CAR..... think of 'me', when your 'rubbing your shoulder'! For the rest of you.. ***********************************!! What the hell else could you ask for? And, the truth be known,.. the chump was right..If you buy the **************you CAN'T throw away ALL your other tools!! You don't have 1 tool that can do every dent NOW, and if you buy the ****************, you STILL don't! but.. YOU CAN DO 2' TO 3' creases in 4 to 7 MINUTES!!! NOT HOURS! He's also right about the noise! It's loud as hell. BUT.. we now have ***************************************! MUCH QUIETER.. and we are manufacturing **************' filled with *******to absorb the 'vibration' AND minimize the noise substantially! The technology is REAL, but you'll ALWAYS have some guys out there being 'nay sayers'! It drives me NUTS! *************** IS MORE ACCURATE THAN THE MOST POINTIEST PDR TOOL OUT THERE. We also have ****************************** that when you use to 'work a dent' you can put the 'ORANGE PEEL' bank in the paint!! Once again, I'll put my money where my mouth is for ANY 'nay sayers'! Sorry I've been soooo damn defensive.... it just drives me nuts! ******************************************** The site is ******************* Ps. He's also right about the ************being off the market... I got blown away by KATRINA....But...I'm not only back to bring the *************to market, but, since my shop is gone, I get to concentrate on the **********8FULL TIME..thanks guys for allowing me to 'vent'!

Last edited by Centerline; 02-03-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:58 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

OH YEA.... on the braces issue...

When your doing a DEMONSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It might be a good idea..... TO CUT THE FREAKIN BRACES OUT OF THE WAY!!! Since your doing a DEMONSTRAGTION!!!!!!!!!And probably, going to be using the SAME hood for the NEXT 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator2
It's loud as hell. BUT.. we now have 'heads' made of synthetics, instead of 'stainless steel'! MUCH QUIETER.. and we are manufacturing 'leather bags' filled with 'shot' to absorb the 'vibration' AND minimize the noise substantially!
That sounds like a big improvement. I have to assume the metal ones would last darn near a lifetime, what about the "synthetics"?

Brian
Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

synthetic heads

Hey Brian. The 'heads' are 10 times quiter, but they do wear fast. We're still on the forefront of this technology, and we're going to try every worthy material to advance the tool. Brass, alloys, harder synthetics, etc. One of the heads we've tried recently is even 'self oiling'! But, you only get 1 to 2 dents per head. We look at this kinda like a Microsoft analogy. They started out with the original 'windows' and will for ever try to improve it. We are also working on an electric version! Also, on the web site. If you look to the right of the video as it's playing you'll see "more video by dominatordd" hit that, and check out the video that says 'the System'. I walk through the whole kit. Thanks D
Old 03-23-2008, 04:03 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Dominator 2 Dent Removal tool

Any body still out there? I've been gone along time! Pretty much all over the globe! The tool is now on the market, but, I WILL REFRAIN from SELLING. I got 'ta-ta'ed' for ADVERTIZING on the site Just for general knowledge the tool has been getting great attention, from around the globe. Just got back from Germany, and Italy! Am scheduling for Austrailia, and Canada. The system has been getting alot of attention lately, and if anyone out there has gotten a 'kit' or knows about it, I'ld be glad to hear your opinion! Anyway, hope the Hot Rod industry is doing ok with the current economic issues... Take care Dominator 2!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

I don't belive it
Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Hey Milo.

I'm not sure what you don't believe? The tool... or the travel..? If it's the tool, send me an email and I will do a LARGE crease in a hood, and put YOUR name on it, and play it my web site! I'll even put my iphone with the 'timer' running so you'll see no trick photography. I was gonna put one on there next week anyway, why not have your name IMMORTALIZED!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Dominator Tool

The tool LIVES!!!! Hey guys! Still DOMINATING!... can't mention the website or how to contact me.... these are the rules? Makes little sense to me... Why not have a handful of you guys be able to actually check it out! http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/newr...te=1&p=595667#

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.