Dominator review thread - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 07:59 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

plastic heads

We have 'plastic' heads, that work much quieter. **********.com

Advertisement

Last edited by Jon; 01-27-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Have you made it a tenth of the size with a bent shaft to spin it so you can get it into your average working area where dents are found?

Brian
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Domintor3

Funny you mention it! We NOW have the Dominator3... The 'electric' version! It has a 'flex shaft'! And making it smaller??? Yep!!! we got that too! We like to call'em PDR rods! You can even buy'em in SETS!! I wonder how many dents you've looked at over these years wondering if the Dominator could take em out..... Anyway..... stay with the good ole bondo and paddle, it'll keep you sharp!http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/newr...e=1&p=1223088#
Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 PM

Last photo:

There is a serious lack of direction in this thread, at least for anyone out of the loop, and most of the links provided are dead ends...

So what I gathered is that this set is a PDR set, though it doesn't really look like one to me, at least not the standard PDR Tools I know of

Is this part of a suction cup glue system?

There is no way that set can accommodate for all PDR dents, though I might be wrong.

Someone explain this setup to me, and what each of these tools does, my company does PDR, and I'm sure my PDR guy might be interested.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 PM

Last photo:

I'll post photos later, I just did a search and came up with nothing! But I have a few Dominator heads at work I'll post photos of.

If you look at the tool kits he has on his web site you will see "Star" and Triangle shaped pieces in them. Those pieces are made of stainless steel or hardened steel of some kind. He mentions he now has plastic ones because the metal ones are MIND NUMBING loud. Anyway, these tools spin on an extended shaft die grinder like tool. You lightly place the spinning "star" against your metal and you can lift a low spot.

I found it to be "interesting" but like all PDR it would take a TON of time to really master. The biggest problem with it I mentioned in my first response today, do you make a much smaller one? They are way to big to be of help in the real world of PDR when you can insert a 1/4" shaft thru a hole to push a dent out.

Anyway, I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Brian
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM

Last photo:

Watch his video at that link you provided, no doubt about it, it is DARN interesting!

Brian
Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Watch his video at that link you provided, no doubt about it, it is DARN interesting!

Brian
I watched the video, it seemed to have a few advantages over the standard bar PDR, but it did leave a lot of unanswered questions about practical applications of this 20,000 RPM device.

How big is this device, it looked a little cumbersome to use, and does it have to be at a certain angle to use properly, or can it swivel and work at all angles from a 90 degree to 180 degree entry point, and how thick is the shaft..?

I did see a few applications were it might be pretty handy, but I think I would need to demo this product before spending 2k on one.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 AM

Last photo:

It is VERY clumbersome and VERY limited in my opinion. HOWEVER, there are many applications I think it is more useful simply because it doesn't require "leverage" that the typical PDR tool requires.

But honestly, like any other tool in your box, it would have advantages and disadvanages. It is most certainly not the answer to all your PDR needs, that is for sure.

Brian
Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Last photo:

Here is what they look like.

Here is the video.

And no I didn't amplify the volume.

Brian
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Just a reminder that business urls can't be posted by those affiliated with the mentioned businesses, per our business posting guidelines. However, you can put your biz url in your user profile, and invite readers to visit your profile for a link to your site.

Nevertheless, thanks for the update, and for including us in the dialogue about this intriguing product. The website looks good, and I've added it to the Garage-Tools category of our Knowledge Base. I also just checked out your blog. I hope you're exploring other revenue models besides ultimately charging for access to your vids. You might find that, because of the low overhead of publishing videos online, it's often more profitable just to give them away for free, and profit from the resulting increased product sales.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Setting The Record Straight!

OK......................... for the last time!!!
If you buy a Dominator you CAN'T THROW AWAY ALL YOUR OTHER TOOLS!!!!
you don't have a tool in your tool box that can DO IT ALL ,..... and if you buy a DOMINATOR...................................YOU STILL DON'T!!!
NEXT... I didn't see a PDR light in the video.... this tool is the FINISHING TOOL for LARGE DAMAGE! You would NOT take this tool to the bottom of a LARGE DENT the same way you wouldn't take a pointy PDR TOOL to the bottom of a large dent!
and lastly,................. THIS IS A SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
NOT A TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MAJIC WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have spent the last 20 years doing (EXCLUSIVELY) LARGE damage PDR!! ON A RETAIL LEVEL!!! No DEALERSHIPS, NO HAIL DAMAGE, BUT NON STOP LARGE DAMAGE PDR!!! Regardless weather the panel needed to be painted OR NOT!
I use hydraulics (with 'carpet blocks), Infratech heating lamps, my OWE patented GLUE SYSTEM, the Dominator, PDR TOOLS, and yes............. on that rare (very rare) occasion, I've even been caught with a 'two part' putty, (Mirror Glaze)!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

The System!!

If you don't have the afore mentioned items (AMONG A TON OF OTHERS)you simply CAN'T do LARGE DAMAGE PDR! On Charging for the video training....
HOW MANY RIP OFF'S OUT THERE HAVE BEEN CHARGING YOU GUYS $5,K $10K) FOR A WEEK OF TRAINING AT THERE LOCATIONS@#@$#@$ ONLY TO SET YOU UP ON A 'HOOD STAND' (in front of the perfect small round dent) show you basics, and at the end of the week, tell you, "well now you got it"! "the rest is practice"! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!!
You can't learn what has taken me 20 years of pushing metal with a 'knife point', in a WEEK, or watching an hour long CD!!!! We are currently working on a COMPLETE 'video' training course from a 'STATE' VO_TECH SCHOOL that we'll be teaching at, and then transferring to the web via our website and iTunes University.... This is unprecedented in our industry! NOT A STATIC C/D,... But a NEVER ENDING, (INTERACTIVE) Training site! From the 'rookie' to the advanced Pro PDR guy, or Bodyman. It will be free in the beginning,(as we build our library), but eventually it WILL be a paid for training site... Why should I GIVE AWAY what has taken me 20 years to acquire? I'm PISSED!!!! I am SOOO tired of the HARD HEADED BODYMAN THAT YOU SIMPLY CAN'T GET THOUGH TO, NO MATTER WHAT!#!@#%@
You know what? The next time you standing there with 'bondo dust' all over you think of ME! Or the next time your cutting off a PERFECTLY GOOD door or Quarter Panel, think of ME!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Last photo:

Ok, you are getting on my nerves!

Brian
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Shabby chic sheet metalshaper

Last photo:

Well Dominator (nice name).... you might want to freshen up your communication skills a little. Using all capital letters is considered yelling. Using too much punctuation does not get your point across any better than simply typing what you have to say.

To answer your question, I don't know why you should give away what has taken you 20 years to learn, and I don't care whether you do or not. I regularly share online what I have learned in the last 30+ years without any expectation of making money. Brian does the same. So do countless others.

Your sales pitch sounds like Mr. Shamwow or something. A major turn-off. The kind of stuff I either mute, or change channels to get away from.

I hope you are successful in your business, but please tone down the aggressive sales pitch.

John
Old 01-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Last photo:

This is so funny, his posts DO show his personality! I said it in the very first posts on this subject, that he sounded like high school cheerleader!

It gets on your nerves that's for sure!

Brian

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.