Hot Rod Forum banner

donor frame for a 32 Chevy truck

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
I started with a 32 Chevy 4dr sedan and cut the body to make a truck cab. I just want to build this thing cheap. I'd like to put a donor frame under it. I know the front fenders won't clear the top of the suspension. I though I could cut out a piece of the fender and just rebuild it to fit over the suspension. But I do not know what frame to look for. I know the track will be wider, I'm hoping for not too wide and I'll use skinny wheels.
My last car, still not finished, I spent a fortune on suspension and crap for it and it rides like pure ****. I talked to Hortons once about it and they said thats the number one complaint they hear. So this car I just want to run, I'll live with it if it rides like ****. I haven't touched my other car in two years.
thanks for any suggestions.

#2 ·
mini truck ?

My son has a basket case 34 chevy pickup but no fenders or grill yet, A friend of his has a 34 on a mini truck frame, no fenders either, SBC and camero rear end out of a late 70's to mid 80's donor. look at a mazda that has the torsion bar front suspension , My 87 didn't have the coil spring interference of some othe makes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.