Don't be THAT guy, the guy who asks EVERYONE advice on the same subject! - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just last night at the shop I had a very interesting experience in this regard. I wasn't asked for my advice but gave it anyway. A lady in the office was buying a car, kinda odd, but this guy shows up with a Lexus ES350 and parks it in my way, that is why I went to the office to get the keys. She is there at her desk doing the paperwork with him. I notice a "California Salvage Title" on the desk and made a bee line for the car to be sure she KNEW what she was buying. The car had super low miles (common for cars that spent a year in a salvage yard and repairs in someones back yard) and it didn't take long to find HORRIBLE work on the right rocker that had been hit REAL hard, hard enough that the floor was damaged. Both doors replace, horrible gaps, just crap work, horrible paint, interior panels held on with hardware screws going thru them instead of the hidden clips from the factory, it was a POS. So I went in there and before she could sign the papers I asked if she knew how bad it had been damaged? She said her husband looked it over. The guy is a very sharp guy been around bodyshops for years (he is in the computer business and sells office management systems specializing in bodyshops) and she asked me to call him. I called him and he was aware of all this and that he was ok with it being it was so cheap. I personally wouldn't want the car but it seemed safe enough and if he can live with the flaws that's his business, well hers, she is the one who will be driving it. But it was so funny how appreciative they both were that I ran out there and looked it over and called him. I got a text later on from her thanking me. Funny how different people can be.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC View Post
My classic answer:
"Speed costs money, son. How fast do you want to go?"
Thanks dad....lol
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 AM

Last journal entry: 27
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454 Rattler View Post
I may be "that guy".

I ask LOTS of questions. I ask LOTS of people.

I don't ever discount what anyone says. Every answer is worth something to me. It may not work this time but, maybe NEXT time I have the same problem.

I think the reason I ask repeat questions is the fact that I'm looking for the EXACT answer NOT a general answer.

Sometimes I'm not smart enough to fill in the blanks left by a general answer.

To anyone I offend by my questions, I'm sorry.
We can't ALL be the brightest bulb in the pack.

In my own defense, I'm smart enough to ALWAYS use the Search Option and Spell Check.

454 RATTLER
i take the parts per million approach
ask 100 guys the same question
if the majority agrees that a certain thing is right.
it probably is.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Been there, done that..."hey what do you think of this car ?? After I critique it they comment, "why are you so negative ? Um, because it's a POS ?

I've learned with time to reply that I just work on my own stuff.
"I know nothing"
Good Luck now.....
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

I can relate to this one! However, When my father calls for computer support, I learned to pawn him off on my siblings.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.