Hot Rod Forum banner

Don't you hate it when...

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  CET 
#1 ·
You are driving your old/clasic car and you get a wiff of burning oil, or some type of fluid smell and your not sure if it's your car or not? We have lots of construction going on around Reno and I always get a scent of something burning and it always scares the heck out of me that something is going wrong with the car!

#2 ·
I hate it when....

I'm stopped in traffic and get a whiff of somebodys stinking cigarette or pipe or cigar smoke.....really stinks!! I'll be happy when they make it illegal to buy the stuff!!! Its coming just wait and see!! Then you'll have to buy them on the black market and from a street dealer...get caught and go to jail!!

Tazz

RAt Rods Rule!

#3 ·
yeah or when you get done hammering it and come up back to a light and you hear some horrible noise like a bad rod knocking or some kind of grinding noise, then you freak out, look around and its the dude next to you. Then you want to get out and smack him in the face for driving such a POS an scaring the crap out of you!!!

K

#8 ·
Something stinking....hot brake shoes!

Learn to keep your foot off the big peddle.....that's the brake and it sound like your dragging your foot on it and heating up your brakes?? Glad to help out....drive safely....Dude!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!:thumbup:

#10 ·
Killer they're all automatics.

I did a 20 mile "Cannon Ball Run" against a friend one night from a place in Delaware to my house. By the time I got home the brakes were so hot I only had about 1/3 of my normal stopping power. I could smell them a little in the car but when I got out, Oh Man, it smelled bad. I took the longer way home and still beat my friend back to my house, he didn't think his 91 firebird was so hot then.

Not two footed driving, just lots of 90-45-95-20-80-60-25-90 driving that night. I don't have any type of performance suspension so I do have to break hard before turns, and I have to stop for some of the stop signs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.