Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - door panels are a ****** !!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by big56 View Post
I have been having issues when trying to use the same vinyl I use for my seats on my door panels. I can't get it to stay in the creases I put in my closed cell foam , simply to thick. When I try to find same vinyl color in thinner stock I can't. These guys who write these how to do interior books leave out the biggest part which is everything about material,colors,vinyl , leather like vinyl and so on so the average guy has to spend months trying to get an answer.I bought a new consew 206rb5 sewing machine for my sewing and time I do have newly retired at 53 yrs and was a diemaker by trade so taking my time isn't an issue answers are , I feel the doorpanels are the hardest and all videos are using lite material like tweed so is there anyone who can answer a few of my questions thanks
Are you scuffing up the closed cell foam you are using before you glue the fabric to it? If you don't scuff the foam, the glue can't get a bite on the Volara, which would cause your vinyl to not stick. Are you spraying both the foam and the vinyl and letting it dry before putting the two together? Which vinyl did you use to make your seat covers?

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.