Hot Rod Forum banner

door pannel pvc size

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
hi What size pvc is best for the door pannells , kick boards and sail pannell 1/8 thick pvc or 1/4 thick thank you for your advice

#5 · (Edited)
Luan may be cheaper than PVC, but it's not an improvement over it. You don't have to worry about warping, water damage, or the extra thickness with PVC foamboard. It's also half the weight, cuts cleaner, holes are clean and not ragged, and it bends easily.

#7 ·
This is the 1/8 pvc that John refered to on above post ,the first picture you can see how it can be shaped with a heat gun , the next photos I applied foam board over the pvc because I wanted to cut sculured lines in it ( With a roughter )
last phot shpws completed door panels,,
I also used it for headliner and kick panels,Thanks to John Long for information advice on design and the board,,:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

#9 ·
Guys as always u have been great help I will use the 1/8 pvc board , question what size is sold in sheets and what price is reasonable for the material , is it 4x10 or 4x8 sheets , thanks in advance , I will be starting my own interior soon on my 51 4 door buick super, dont worry I bought a good sewing machine for the job consew 226 , thank you for your help

#10 ·
From a sheet plastic supplier, you can get 5' by 10' sheets, but 4' by 8' sheets are the most common. 3MM (1/8") sheets four by eight are around $30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.