Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Double Hump or Vortec???
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The cam will change at some point so I need the capability of even more flow that i probably need at this very moment. That is why my power is so low now; open chamber smogger heads. Everyone can benefit from more flow. Flow and efficiency is POWER. If you don't have that, you have no power. Where people get the "flow" data misconstrued is having huge openings capable of flow but they cannot keep the port velocity up so they never really "flow" much air. I understand the flow characteristics of how and why it is important. I just need to figure out what platform is best to start from so I can get the best (reputable/reliable) bang for my buck with the ability to upgrade things in the near future such as my cam without needing all new heads again. It s .060" over 350 with .125" 3.5cc dome pistons, .025" in the hole, .015" shim head gasket, 10.2:1 CR, Crane 274 H06 cam with 350lb springs recommended with the cam, 1.6:1 SA roller rockers, 882 heads (76cc) with 1.94"/1.60" valves and port matching to the Edelbrock Performer intake manifold.I'm changing to a Performer RPM until I get a RPM Air Gap. I also want a bigger roller cam something in the range of .520-.530" lift. But for now, this is what I have. I know its not ideal but its what I came up with 10 years ago in school and learning about this stuff. Now I'm working on correcting everything I did wrong before, starting with the heads and intake.