Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Double Hump or Vortec???
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

What about procomps i got a set have some pictures in my profile. 600 bucks a set loaded and bolt on ready.

Vortecs are best when just bolted on and no money is spent once you start spending cash on them the fun leaves the equation. If your cam is going to be mild this is what you want to do. 350 hp is an easy number to reach with good vortecs and mild cam. Dont spend a dime cutting on them just bolt em down and go. You will be happy you did.

The fuelie heads are not x heads or really highest hp version. Ported to the max the big x heads will out flow the vortecs. But the vortecs outflow them by a mile stock for stock.

I would sell them both and buy alum heads. Procomps or some other brand. Also be aware that with higher compression you will need a much larger cam and larger flow to support that cam. But can look forward to a nice hp boost.

Bowtie vortecs are sold by gm performance and are as good as some aftermarket heads.