Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Double Hump or Vortec???
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I chose the domes close to 10 years ago because of the larger chamber heads. Now knowing what i know i wouldn't do it again. That being said this motor has only had a few tanks of gas ran through it. Im not going to tear the whole motor down and start over. Dont have the money and that would take all the fun out of it thats left after a 10 year project with only getting to drive a few tanks through it so far. That being said... if i run a 72cc chamber isnt that defeating the purpose of getting rid of my 882 76cc heads??? I'm still waiting to hear back from Dart if those pistons will be a flat no go or just check them out. As far as feder-mogal who makes the pistons says they should be fine with the 64cc chambers whether we're talking heart shaped or not we'll find out. As far as the compression goes, ya its like 11.67:1 or close to that. I dont care because race fuel is easy to get where im at and wont drive much other than when i want to play with it. So i think im just going to see if i can get them to fit and probably clearance the domes as need be.. A new cam is sooner than later so in the mean time I'm not too worried about that.