Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Double U joint question
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sedanbob is correct. I have a '32 Chevy that I removed the old stock Chevy steering box and installed one from a '49 Hudson I got in a trade. I called Borgeson and they sent me an online catalog. I went to work measuring and using a Micrometer for shaft diameters. I called and sent them online photo's with the dimensions included. Their Tech folks called me and told me what I needed. I gave them my order and in fours days I had the items and by the next morning I was on the road. I also have dealt with Flaming River and was again treated courteously and got great Tech advice. Once you get the right items it all comes into line fast. But with any steering items make sure you don't go cheap. You and your passengers welfare depend heavily on good strong steering. I'm pleased and my '32 is a daily driver to my shop which is 12 miles away from the house. Works like it should and I also got a reduced number of turns on my 15" steering wheel in both right and left turns.
Normbc9