Hot Rod Forum banner

Drag Radials VS all season just a warning

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kwopper07 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know my first experience driving in cold weather with my Nitto Drag radials :pain: The Nitto drag radials are much more frogiving than a lot of the others available. They are supposed to last about 15K miles on the street. I have driven them in the rain many times and was quite surprised how well they handled.

Well yesterday I decided to take the truck out for a spin..... and spin they did lol. It was 40 degrees out and they apparently don't like cold weather one bit! These tires would be down right scary if it was cold and raining!. It looks like i'll be looking for a set of all seasons for the back of my truck now.

Anyone know a good sticky 295/50-15 all season tire for the rain and cold?

Thanks
Jordon

#3 ·
all weather tires

Pep Boys sells a 295X15x50 in the Futura line that works pretty good for all around use. I have a pair on the back of my 41' ford sedan and just bought another pair for the rear of my 54' Chevy pickup last week. They will hook up good at the dragstrip when you do a brief burnout and they hold the road pretty good also. They are also an inexpensive tire so you don't have to float a loan to get a pair of them.

#5 ·
all weather tires

I priced them over the phone about a month ago and they told me they would be under $70.00 each. When I finally got around to picking them up they had gone up to $90.00 each. The guy said that they had just raised the price on a lot of their inventory, mostly because of the price of gas. That is still a pretty reasonable price when you start shopping for tires in that size range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.