Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - To Drill or Not To Drill (Carb Question)
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
72NOVA454

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG
Yes even though you don't have mixture screws on the rear of your carburetor it still has idle, and transition circuits. There is a constant feed hole that drips fuel in, and then the transfer slots as the butterflies open. How much of the slots are exposed. I would not go just by where the speed screw is at. I'd get a new power valve, bowl, and metering block gaskets. Also have some good spray carburetor cleaner, and compressed air. Clean out all the holes in the main body, and metering blocks, install a new PV and gaskets. Then reset your butterflies and start from there.
i didnt know there were idle and transfer slots on the secondaries. I can pull the float bowl, and main metering block which the carb is still on the car right? I will do as you say. you mentioned compressed air for the main body. are you saying that after I remove the main metering block that I should blow out all openings in the "main body" of the carb? what about blowing out the metering block passages? Also, what power valve setting should I get. I'm thinking like a 6.5" or less right? last time I did a vacuum check I had about 10".