Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - To Drill or Not To Drill (Carb Question)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:49 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was having the same problem on my BB. (No response from idle screws, poor idle) And the guys on this site helped me out tremendously. BG tech
support knows his stuff follow his advise. IO'Reilly's has a Vac. Seconday kit for just over $20. It very complete. As for me, my Secondary set screw
was holding them open too far, cancelling out my idle circuit. I unscrewed it untill the secondaries were fully closed and then screwed them in until they barely cracked open. Walla broblem was cured. I too have to small of a carb (600) but my cam is a lot smaller and I don't wan't to buy a new carb yet. Can't afford for one and the timing chain is going out of my daily driver (see Good truck engine? flexhone? post). Just my two cents. Keep working and you'll get it. Just take your time and change one thing at a time. Keep track of it's effect and go from there. Take notes if you have to, they do help and you can refer to them later. Good luck and keep us informed