Hot Rod Forum banner

Drilled / Slotted Brake Rotors Advice

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Billvill 
#1 ·
HELP - Again!!!! :sweat:

Anyone out there familiar with R1 Concepts (web site: r1concepts.com) Cross-Drilled / Diamond-Slotted Brake Rotors? :confused:

They look good and the price is very attractive.

Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanx,

texastomeh

#3 ·
Not sure that I fully understand the intent of your question :confused: - but YES that is ONE of the criteria.

If it were the only one, I would not have asked for experienced advice. :)

I sorta' thought that was part of what this was all about - share information, experience, opinions, advice, etc.

thanx,

texastomeh

#4 ·
Is this your criteria for buying brakes?
I think his point was this. Are you only looking for a braking system that looks good and that is a good price.

Yes price is a factor but, I would want a brake rotor that is capable of stopping (safely)the car that I am installing them on.

Sorry I have no info to give on the rotor you are asking about.

Steve

#6 ·
Are you guys serious? :confused:

I'm just CRAZY not STUPID! :p

I came looking for information and advice and what I get is a critique on my ability to "correctly" ask a question.

I apologize for not explaining and/or including what should be considered the obvious prime criteria to a group of experts. In contract and legal language that is known as "peer-level communicational necessity". What it means is that you can (or should be) able to assume that when the group (or individual) you are communicating with has identified themselves as your equal or better re a subject, you can legitimately assume that they understand the basics (including assumptions such as legality, safety, etc.) and you do not need to begin at ground zero.

Thanx,

texastomeh

#7 ·
Tex, I don't know anything about those particular rotors, but if your library or one of your friends has Carroll Smith's book "Engineering to Win" he has an excellent chapter on brakes including the benefits of slotting and drilling. Worth reading if you can track it down.

#8 ·
pmeisel said:
Tex, I don't know anything about those particular rotors, but if your library or one of your friends has Carroll Smith's book "Engineering to Win" he has an excellent chapter on brakes including the benefits of slotting and drilling. Worth reading if you can track it down.
For those of you that haven't seen it google has a feature that allows you to search in books. It will only let you read a few pages because of the copyright laws. Maybe reading those few pages will make you want to buy the book more...I think everyone into high performance cars should read his books.

http://books.google.com/books?vid=I...drilled+rotor&sig=gg-yi9vqeJEhL9rC8aXUwKi5RoM

#10 ·
Texas I am sorry about the way the other forum members responded.

Who are they kiding if they had an unlimited budget they would not be here. Add to that the fact that if they are here with an unlimited budget, they have more money than brains and I think you get the picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.