drilling 4 oil - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

drilling 4 oil

I am amazed that no one on this board has had anything to say about getting the black gold that lays under are own feet out of the ground and into our tanks. There is a huge movement to sign a petition to send a message to the powers and this site is mum .................

With all the questions about saving fuel, that obviously is driven by the price of the stuff. I would think that a petition that request that we start to use our own resources would be of SOME interest here......... this really baffles me frankly. I am not posting a link to this petition because if you are interested you must do the work and find it yourself.................

Man-up, time is running out and your bank account is going negative, oil is connected directly and indirectly with the way we live, absolutely everything we touch, eat or can dream up is effected buy the price of this resource..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You are absolutely correct, our economy runs on oil. Whether you will admit it or not, that is an indisputable fact. The demonrats in congress and the tree huggers will not let us take advantage of our own resources.

Vince
Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

It is already affecting us. And it going to get alot worse if we as a country don't stand together and do what ever it takes to fix this. Has anybody had to go get the normal things from the grocery store lately. The price of every thing is going up. I have canceled trips to cars shows out of town and all. It is all about the almighty dollar now days. Since gas hit the clouds work in our shop and the shops around us has dropped off(no body can to pay deductibles or has cash to send to fix their cars) and we work on straight commission. I have had to put my projects on hold for now. Forget about if you can still afford to drive that Hot Rod...we wont be able to afford to build them. I cant wait to see the price of glass resin when I can afford to start again. SO I have to say, I feel the bad times are on the way people. especially if we sit back and do nothing. The question do what do you do. I already riding my hog 70 miles a day to save on fuel costs. I think I go look for that petition thingy mentioned earlier. Jmo Tim
Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Last journal entry: 351W rebuild
Last photo:

Hi,
[http://www.americansolutions.com/

Last edited by richard stewart 3rd; 06-19-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Last photo:

Increasing the supply of oil _should_ drive the price down, but the real issue is how oil (and other commodities) is traded. The speculators are the ones that have driven the price up... not a shortage at all. The rules of supply and demand don't always apply in situations like this. The price of oil goes up on the mere rumor of the price going up.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Custom Built

Last photo:

Isn't the lack of refineries part of what's driving the cost up?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

The only thing driving up the prices is corporate and government greed........

No matter what we do, we are going to pay for it......Not saying not to do anything, but until we take back our countries, we are over a barrel........a pricey barrel (of oil)
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Custom Built

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
True. And they probably don't even notice the price of fuel, so naturally they don't care. if they had real jobs, with realistic salaries, they would be singing a different tune.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62

No matter what we do, we are going to pay for it......Not saying not to do anything, but until we take back our countries, we are over a barrel........a pricey barrel (of oil)

We the USA are a free market economy , the evil corporations that you wish to demonize are the very people that bring the goods, invest in discovery and innovation, and as a side line provide JOBs to the great unwashed. I like big corporations because they are responsible for the great lives we live in the good old USA. If it where not for the big corporations you would not have the car you love to build. Where do you think you would be buying parts for you hobby, Joe's junk yard?

Blaming the big corporations as an evil is nothing more then a worn out statement that has NO truth to it. There are more good corporations in the USA then not. You need to quit watching TV and regurgitating their phony philosophy.

The government can not do a good job, they just acerbate any problems and seem to solve nothing.

Give me the free market any day and all day, hope I did not hurt your feelings. But we need to drop the bumper sticker conversations and actually consider the facts and solve the problems at hand.

Am I to serious here ?........................ guilty, but we really need to wake up in this country.

Quote: if they had real jobs, with realistic salaries, they would be singing a different tune.

We keep putting them back into office so who really is to blame here? These brainless people are not annotated and can be removed, so what is up America?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

So...What you are saying, it is not the corporations, but the government screwing us?

And, those corporations don't control the doings of that government, through political donations etc?

Yeah right.............

Take it any way you like, big business making a profit is fine, but when they are making mega dollars profit at the expense of the little guy (us)....that is wrong. Prices have doubled and tripled over the last few years, so have their profits......wages have not.

Banking and insurance are two more examples...................
Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Custom Built

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi

Quote: if they had real jobs, with realistic salaries, they would be singing a different tune.

We keep putting them back into office so who really is to blame here? These brainless people are not annotated and can be removed, so what is up America?
You are absolutely right. but, on the other hand, some would say that they will get into office whether we put them there or not. And we can't boycott voting.
It's like voting for the giant ****** or the turd sandwich(Southpark, lol).

What can we actually do?

Last edited by gearhead81; 06-19-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead81
What can we actually do?
Live as poorly as you possibly can and stay alive. The government and the corporations require us to toil and labor endlessly. Without our labor the balance of power will shift toward us, the unwashed laboring masses. The redistribution of wealth will begin. I can't see any other way for it to happen.

The American dream has become a tool used to make the tea-sippers our masters. It's worked pretty well so far.

Larry
Old 06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:

To many people on this earth. Its as simple as that. Stop whining and Stop reproducing. How dare I!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Custom Built

Last photo:

you know, my car is too fun to drive to leave parked. I don't like the gas prices, but goddammit, i'm gonna pay them, with a smile on my face. I built my car to go fast and I knew going into it that I was going to be spending a LOT of time at the gas station. so **** it. if the prices go down, it will be a relief to my wallet. if they go up, I might sell my car to some rich **** that can afford to put fuel in her, and pay me to fix her when he drives 10000 miles without ever peeking under the hood.

That's how I feel.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:36 PM

let's see, the oil corporations make just under 9 cents on the dollar (9%)
the government collects between 46 and 68 cents per gallon of gas (federal, state and local). Thats 11.5 cents minimum at 4 bucks a gallon.

there is talk by the government of a "windfall profits tax" that would be charged on the oil company profits (the 9 cents), and if that were to happen, it will get passed onto the consumer.

as for the "speculators", what is being talked about is the commidities futures markets. This is essentially betting on what a future price will be, wether it's Oil, corn, soybeans, wheat.... the money in questions comes from hedge funds and large corporations that use the market to even out material costs. Southwest a year and two ago was buying oil futures at 110 to 120 a barrel. this allowed them to offset the rising cost of jet fuel which saved their clients while helping them make a profit.

current land leases to oil corporations equal only 6% of land in the US and 8% of land in the oceans owned / controlled by the government. of them, manny are just not long enough of a term to allow the corpoations to re-coup the monies to explore and drill for the oil.....

Corn prices today and the futures prices are rising, in part to a government mandate of corn to be used to produce ethanol... and farmers in this great free market economy have been switchin some of their crops from soybeans to corn resulting in rising soybean prices....

with all that said, I believe that we need to explore all alternative options while pursuing getting it from offshore and shale

meanwhile I'm still looking for a daily driver from the 80's and havent decided on a model but I am checking the gas EPA estimates on my potentials....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.