Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Drilling a Qjet
Thread: Drilling a Qjet
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've thought about loosening the rockers, but the truck will be run at 55 on the testing dyno for the cruise test. (410 gears, over 3 grand on the rpm) Kinda scary with sloppy rockers.

We have the timing at 14 or 15 now. Its already running very hot now when he drives it to work, hate to push it back any more.

My sons shop has a 4 gas machine and maybe we can spend some time after work doing some idle work.

As far as leaning it out more, that will just push it into a lean miss condition and blow the HC readings through the roof.

I'll try the secondaires and see what happens. I may be able to tweek them a few thousands open and see if I can lower the primaries back down some. I have a spare Qjet if I bugger this one up. What really needs to happen is pull the cam and send it back to Comp for a re-grind to a milder profile.

It passed last year after some work but come to find out that when the driver got done with the cruise test, he brought it back down to idle and put it in neutral! That was the ticket last year, but no such luck this time. Supposed to stay in drive during the idle test. I suppose a couple of used cats would do the trick too. Maybe I'll have him call the muffler shop they use and see if they have a couple laying around.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark