Hot Rod Forum banner

drive shaft for s10 ext

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mighty Mouse S-10 
#1 ·
got some good info from here....lets try again. sb 350 in my truck with th350 trans.....truck is extended cab. original drive shaft is 2pc. with carrier. will bolt in truck had to move crossmember for carrier forward a few inches. everything good to go.....EXCEPT...I would rather have a one piece..... any Ideas???

#2 ·
Ain't broke

My ideas have come around to the if it is not broke don't fix kind of thinking..as far as replacing a 2 piece drive with a one piece drive you may find the one piece to be so long and heavy that it eats u-joints..:spank:

I have one of the trucks with 2 piece and I am not clear as to why the carrier bearing needs to be relocated..now I can buy on having to modify the front section in some cases..Say after and engine and tranny swap and the tranny wound up being moved back..

Just my way of looking at this ..:welcome:

OMT

#3 ·
neeper74 said:
got some good info from here....lets try again. sb 350 in my truck with th350 trans.....truck is extended cab. original drive shaft is 2pc. with carrier. will bolt in truck had to move crossmember for carrier forward a few inches. everything good to go.....EXCEPT...I would rather have a one piece..... any Ideas???
Same situation here. The drive shaft fits but the yoke seems way to close to the transmission. After crawling under everything in the junk yard I've decided to have a shaft made/cut/lengthened to fit. Option 2 would be to shorten one of the two shafts an inch or so.

V-8 S-10's are fun to drive aren't they? :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.