Hot Rod Forum banner

driveline brake

11K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BBCMudbogger 
#1 ·
I have a 75 cj5 that I use for mudd bogg competitions. As of right now all I have is front brakes. I would like to put in a drive line brake on the rear driveshaft. BUt I am not for sure how to do it or what parts I would need. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have no brakes on my bogger except for a driveline brake. The guy that made mine made a round piece of plate about 3" with a hole for the yoke at the back of the transfer case and welded it to the yoke. He then bolted a front brake rotor from a mid 80's toyota 4x4 to it. We then used a caliper from the same model truck and made a bracket to hold the caliper that goes between the frame rails. I have the tranny out now putting in a transbrake but it will be back together by 6/10. If I remember I will post some pics after its back together. I have run it for 1 1/2 seasons so far. It is really only good for basic stopping of the truck in the pits,loading on the trailer and coming out if the pit. I would not want to rely on it stopping the blazer at 70 mph on the highway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.