Hot Rod Forum banner

Drivers Edge

716 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mgold 
#1 ·
It seems some people on this board are somewhat concerned about drivers ed training in this country. I thought I'd let people know about this great non-profit organization called Drivers Edge. The purpose of Drivers Edge courses is to give people more hands on driving skills and better driving training. It's essentially setup like other drivers ed programs they have in European countries. (Except all the cars are automatic!) It's a really great organization and all the course are Free!

It's not as comprehensive as I would hope since it's a one day course, but it's really amazing what these guys are able to do. If anyone has kids between the ages of 15-21 I highly suggest that they enroll them in a Drivers Edge course.

http://www.driversedge.org/

#3 ·
jimfulco said:
That ought to be available in every school system and mandatory for anybody who wants a driver's license.
Man ain't that the truth.
Most of the questions on the (computer) test were about how many fines or how much jail time for DWI or DUI and so forth, not that much really about driving.

Some of these people around here should not be riding a bicycle, much
less driving a car. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
America's whole driving system is completely ridiculous. In Maryland they don't even take you out on the road and test you! People assume that speed is the reason we have so many fatal accidents in our country every year. European countries don't nearly have has many fatal accidents every year ......because they train people to drive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.