Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Driveshaft builder? (southern New England)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:56 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
Two new yokes, a new input spline, new shafting and assembled in proper time plus 2 HD u-joints along with balance are never cheap.

Your alternative is to find a shop that does truck driveline work, bring them a rusty and pitted junkyard drive shaft, a well used input spline and let them try to make the yokes that may be distorted work, then add someones unknown brand u-joints, balance this claptrap and pray it's going to be a good deal for you.

Universal Auto, N. Pearl Street in Albany NY will do a decent job for about $225+/- using your junk yard parts and new Spicer u-joints and is my usual alternative to Denny's, having made up several for me in the past.
wrong, 300 bones for an all new thick wall 3" shaft, local with spicer joints and new ends, the trans yoke they'll tell you if it's junk..
they used my old just for measurment.. nothing old used.. no need to get from an out of state shop.