Hot Rod Forum banner

Driveshaft builder? (southern New England)

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Cape Cod Bob 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a driveshaft builder--Northern CT/Western Mass areas?
Thanks

#7 ·
Two new yokes, a new input spline, new shafting and assembled in proper time plus 2 HD u-joints along with balance are never cheap.

Your alternative is to find a shop that does truck driveline work, bring them a rusty and pitted junkyard drive shaft, a well used input spline and let them try to make the yokes that may be distorted work, then add someones unknown brand u-joints, balance this claptrap and pray it's going to be a good deal for you.

Universal Auto, N. Pearl Street in Albany NY will do a decent job for about $225+/- using your junk yard parts and new Spicer u-joints and is my usual alternative to Denny's, having made up several for me in the past.

#9 ·
Call Magnus Racing Products in Danielson CT. He has PST (?) driveshafts; all new steel, 3" dia I believe; comes with new U-joints and a yoke. If you need a custom length; he'll order it for you. Expect it to be in the $200-$250 range. When you call; ask for Mike Sangermano. Tell him Nate from Auto Gear gave you his name

Mods: can I post the phone number?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.