Hot Rod Forum banner

Driving again...

939 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ChevyTruckGuy 
#1 ·
Today, the State of Michigan reinstated my driver's license...after almost 10 years it has been a long time coming.

This time I hope to stay out of trouble and actually enjoy the cars that I have built!

#6 ·
Heck yea, what a way to go down. :D First though how the heck did they catch ya. I did the same kinda thing running from southern Calif to Vegas. Need less to say they got me from the air and took two grounds unit to catch me both were over heating and if I would have keep going a mile or two more they were going to give up or blow up. They were nice guys but they were pissed a little and said they were just getting ready to stop chasing me but made me set in the hot sun for a couple of hours. But I did not loose my license.I ended up getting a big *** fine and got my licensee back after a month. I guess it is not un common to catch a few people running over a 100mph headed home from Vegas. After that it took all the fun out of going fast. So I keep it under 80mph. Now I just drive like a old fart.

Craig

#9 ·
163 in a 25
:D That's impressive! They sure are dicks in Mi. with driver's licenses', I must say.(I grew up there) I have a buddy who got poppep doin' 125 in a 55.(in his car) He was nice and just stopped, but by the time the cop got rolling he probably wouldn't of caught him. He lost his license for 6 months. The judge was nice and let him have a "red" license.(can drive to and from work only) Too bad he owned a gravel truck... Needless to say he darn near lost everything for his shenanigans. He was lucky to have a friend with a contract for moving trailers for a large warehouse. He still got to drive truck, but not on the street. Took him a good 5 years to recover from that. So what do the cops say when they catch you doing 138 over?

#10 ·
Heck yea, what a way to go down. First though how the heck did they catch ya.

Don't do anything this stupid when your driving a canary yellow '73 Firebird with fat tires, a 7" hood scoop and straight pipes...they will find you!

After ten years, would´nt you have to go through drivers school, or whatever you have over there ?

I came prepared for that, but she just asked to see the current proof of insurance and registration for my gf's car and said that she was just going to pass me unless I felt that I needed a road test. Kind of a surprise to me.

Great news. Now for that ride...

L, I am working out some final kinks with the '85 and hope to have it street legal shortly, I will give you a call when it is ready. If you decide to mention this incident to Brian, I am sure he will not be surprised...just ask him about our 7 minute runs from Port Sheldon to the S.L. High School...and about the County cop yelling at us to quit racing his kid through the middle of town!

#12 ·
I guess it is not un common to catch a few people running over a 100mph headed home from Vegas.
The cops are driving what looks like a small suv (Ford? they all look alike to me) I saw many vehicles pulled over last trip up there, 2 weeks ago. When they're busy, they're not writing me a ticket. :D Watch it for the last 20 miles to Vegas. Dan

#15 ·
A smokie and the bandit run. I take it the cops new who you were. I just gotta ask what did the judge said? I can only guess this was not your first rodeo with the cops?

I only race my friend once and it was 1:00 in the morning and back then there was not a sole on the freeways and the cops were at the donut shop taking a break. I was doing over 125 because I had the spedo pined and was still accelerating it was all a bluer I could of been going a 130- 140 plus. Then my brain kick in and said are you fk nuts your going to die then I let off.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.