Drop spindles for 1979 el camino - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 11:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Drop spindles for 1979 el camino

Hi I just purchased a set of 1980's drop spindles for my 1979 el Camino. I've heard allot of things like you need 80's hubs, rotors, and bearings then I heard that I need the upper A arm and ball joint from a 1980's. If anyone can tell me what I need to put them on correctly or is a mechanic or professional.
Thanks '79 Camino

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 AM
I give it 110% 90% of the time

Last journal entry: More pics of my garage..
Last photo:

Not sure if theres much difference between the 79 and 80's model elkys. From what i though they were the same as far as suspension. Although i do have 2" drop spindles on my 83 elky and nothing extra was needed. If you need any pics of the items i have just let me know and il send them to you. currently it is all disassembled for a frame off restoration so pics will be easy to get too.

sorry i cant help much but just let me know
Old 01-27-2008, 02:33 PM

re: Drop spindles for 1979 el camino

I have a 79 Lemans and was told that 79 e- body GM cars were different than the 80ís as well but no one could tell me how. I need a left side spindles so if you do the conversion I would be interested in buying them or at least knowing what I would have to change on mine if I wanted to go to dropped spindles.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

The front end parts (ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings) are all the same for 78-88 G-body cars (and trucks). The spindles should bolt on with no problems. The difference is the rotors and wheel bearings. You'll need the later model parts.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Drop Spindles

Thanks Joe, Sorry I meant G-bodies. As I said I talked to a few people about it (guy at the salvage yard and at the dealer) and all they could tell me is they were different. I was suppressed to find I could still buy new about 350.00. But if that is it then maybe I will consider the dropped ones.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.