Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dry spots in final clear coat
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If it's really dry you might find it better to just repaint. There might not be enough clear on it to sand enough out to make it look decent but you'll never know until you try. I would start any sanding on the panel in those areas first so if you burn thru you didn't waste a second longer on it to get to that conclusion. I also find that when buffing over an area that has more peel than the rest of the car it's more work buffing getting it to look right as oppposed to just cutting it even to begin with, and with dry spray, in most cases, you have to decide where to "live with it" cause you're most likely not gonna cut the dry spray as even as the rest of the car so the final nod of approval is in buff on that one cause you'll be cutting the rest down with the buffer and eye balling it til it's passable. This my friend is living on the edge and you never feel good about doing it cause if you get away with it, how much is left to actually protect the car from the elements?