Hot Rod Forum banner

Dual Sending Units

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  joe_padavano 
#1 ·
I'm helping a friend put an electric fan in his 1968 C10 that has been retrofitted with a 350 with an Edelbrock intake. We can't seem to find an additional port for the sending unit and I was wondering if there's a tee or something like that , that we could use to be able to use both his original sending unit to the gauge and the sending unit for the fan as well. Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
Not for a coolant temp sensor. These sensors need to be in flowing coolant for an accurate measurement. The tee is a 'dead end'. You'd be better off getting one of the NPT fittings that goes in the upper radiator hose. Flex-A-Lite sells these specifically for this problem (as do others).

#7 ·
If its a stock 350 and a typical Edelbrock intake there should already be at least three places to put a sending unit or sensor.
1 - drivers side head (stock location)
2 - passenger side head (same location as the other head)
3 - Tapped hole in the intake near the water neck (like the one on the right in the picture malc provided)

Bruce

#11 ·
Now that I think about it, there are factory Chevy thermostat necks with threaded bungs on them for vacuum switches or whatever. You can probably score one at a wrecking yard. And actually, don't SBC heads have an NPT port for a temp sensor near the exhaust ports?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.