Dual or Single Plane Intake Manifold - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2003, 05:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dual or Single Plane Intake Manifold

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best intake manifold for my car. I got a chevy 350 bored .030 over, camel hump heads with 2.02 valves, hei, 750 holley double pumper, and a lunati 292 cam. The specs on the cam are,
230/230 duration@.050", .480/.480 lift.
2000-6000+ powerband. I have a th350 tranny, with 4.10 gears, and around a 3000 stall. the stall might be alittle less, or might be alittle more. It is in a 1972 El Camino.

Thank you guys for you help

Trent

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

I think you will make more power with a Performer RPM or Air Gap. They will definetly give you more streetable power.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Muscle car fan

Last photo:

RPM air-gap
Old 12-13-2003, 12:08 PM

How do ya hook up ? The air gap would be a good around town intake,smoother down low, but i have found that the victor jr ,having less down low and a lot more up top,helped me out of the hole and gave me the legs i wanted once i did get rollin .I built nearly the same combo assuming you have flat tops and dropped 4/10ths in the quarter to13.36 with full street trim.You have the gears and the stall,enjoy em, let it turn.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:50 PM
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net

Last photo:

Go with the performer RPM air gap. Anything more, and your motor will become sloppy, and you will loose all of your low end torque. This sounds like somewhat of a streetable motor. Torque is what is fun on the street, not a little bit more hp at 6000 rpm. Also the victor manifolds dont start to makek power until 3500 rpm, with only a 3000 stall, this would add to the lack of snap off the line.

Good luck

Adam
Old 12-13-2003, 03:21 PM

Last photo:

so rifraf when you put the single plane intake on, you got .4 better. I don't hook up too bad but it is a el camino.

Thank you
Old 12-13-2003, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

I think with that cam amd those heads you want something like a Holley Street Dominator or a Edelbrock Torquer , or the modern day equivalent , especially with that rear end gear and a high stall converter . Your engine's a similar spec to what I had in a 57 2dr sedan daily driver except mine was a 327 4 speed,I ran a street dominator and it was great .
Old 12-13-2003, 04:52 PM
If you Can Dream it, You can D

Dual for the street, Single for the track.

Last edited by 4 Jaw Chuck; 12-13-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:54 PM

I would go with the RPM to.I have a 327 with the same heads amd carb amd a big cam.I dont have the stall con, though.It has a torguer single plain intake right now.It is sluggish off the line untill it crosses 2500rpm then the car rocks.I believe the RPMs power is from 1500-6500 and i dont plan on cranking it any higher than that.So if misses clause is nice to me this year santa will have a preformer RPM under his tree.Im hoping this will help my throttle response i will let ever one know if it does.But if youve got the stall you might like the single plain intake.But if its a street car you probley wont want to be cranking it over 6500 anyways so why not keep the power where the car normally lives.Thats just my 2 cents worth anyways
Old 12-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Slider in Wa.

Last photo:

You didn`t build this engine did ya?

Basic question, i can`t emagine youv`e done all that to it and don`t know what manifold to use yet? Is this a speculation engine? Good luck. Have fun.
Slider in Wa.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:41 PM

Well,to firestone,all I can say is a bit more at 6000 is fun for me .Especialy when the dude in the other lane with a performer falls on his face at 90. but back to trent, I ran a older touquer also,it made very good power,but I found the power range was very abrupt,about 3400.The power below had a loaded up feel, dirty.Many jets and a few power valves later, I gave up.The victor jr softly came on and was clean at 3000,and at 3350 was at full on rage.You see out of the hole finness was a big deal to me.If smoke shows are your bag,then go performer.Know that your veiwing the oppinion of a guy who puts more importance on point A toB time than ultra smooth drivability.With the victor jr you will loose just enough bottom end to keep yourself from smokin in one spot. Read stitch and firestones coments they are both wright. You just need to decide what suits your needs. Good luck choosing.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:12 PM

Last photo:

Thank you guys, you have been a huge help, if you have anymore advice for me, then go for it. It is great having some awesome help.

Thank You

Trent

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.