Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Duece grill shell
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

frame rails

Frisco are the 32 body channels that fit over the frame flat as well? The reason I ask is when I sat the A body on the frame rails there was a gap of about three inches right behind the center of the body. I had to cut my body channels over the axle and weld in 2 inch curved hat channels for the body to sit flat on the frame. So-cal uses the American Stamping rails and they have a raised C-notched area over the rear axle. Ok I just saw in my speedway catalog the flat frame you were talking about. That certainly would have saved me some trouble. I maby could have ordered So-Cals step boxed frame but it calls out for 28-29 bodies, they recomend the pinched nose highboy frame for the 30-31 which has the c noched rear. Oh well I welded in the channels but I still have the 3/8 gap. This is alot more work than I planned but I sure am enjoying it. I have a project journal with some pic's that I started under william plise and I think I had a picture of my frame there. Pops