Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Duece grill shell
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill plise
Frisco are the 32 body channels that fit over the frame flat as well? The reason I ask is when I sat the A body on the frame rails there was a gap of about three inches right behind the center of the body. I had to cut my body channels over the axle and weld in 2 inch curved hat channels for the body to sit flat on the frame. So-cal uses the American Stamping rails and they have a raised C-notched area over the rear axle.
The sub frame of the '32 body follows the contour of the '32 side rails. The Model 'A' sub frame is flat, and as you found out, needs to be modified in the rear wheel well area to clear the '32 frame rails. I should have made that clearer when I posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill plise
Oh well I welded in the channels but I still have the 3/8 gap. This is alot more work than I planned but I sure am enjoying it. I have a project journal with some pic's that I started under william plise and I think I had a picture of my frame there. Pops
I assume you are seeing this 3/8" gap about centered under the doors. This is the reason for the slight channeling in the cowl area. That will eliminate the gap. I looked at the photos in your journal. Great looking chop and the '32 rolling chassis will work excellent.

Fitting the body to the frame does require some time and work but you will appreciate all your efforts when finished.

I look forward to additional photos. ENJOY!